Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Are you and your fiancé(e) exchanging wedding gifts?

My fiancé and I agreed not to exchange these optional gifts.

Re: Are you and your fiancé(e) exchanging wedding gifts?

• We said no, but our photographer/ good friend of mine wants to build up her portfolio so she asked if we could do a boudoir shoot and give it to my mister.. I am also going to send him a wicked bottle of Rye the morning of that he can enjoy with the fellas before hand. 
    Anniversary
  • We decided to exchange gifts. I bought him a handgun and he bought me mine and he is buying me my pearls for my wedding day. We talked about saving the money but then thought that there are not too many times we get to spoil ourselves silly. We splurged on a honeymoon as well. After kids come we won't get to do that stuff so we will do it now :)
  • we're getting eachother small presents. Nothing crazy because we're helping pay for everything else. And to the best of my knowledge, they're both things that we can use forever after our wedding as well.
  • We are but we agreed it has to something that is special to the two of us that we know about each other, nothing expensive! For example I'm getting him a UCLA football item because I know he love the team and each time he wears it or sees it he will be reminded of me...not the best example but I hope you get what I mean!

• FI and I agreed on no gifts, since we are considering our rings and the honeymoon as our gifts to each other, but FI is amazing and letting me having everything i could ever dream for in our wedding so as a gift for letting me have complete control of the wedding I am getting an album of b-pics done for him!!

• We are exchanging but we put a $ amount cap.  I got my FI the greatest gift which is being shipped on Monday!  I am so excited to get it.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes we are, nothing expensive though just a sentimental gift, and then a naughty HM gift to each other. We are also exchanging letters to each other and writing our own vows.
  • Ours are to be cheap and low key.  We decided to write "love letters" to read that morning.  I had asked for a charm bracelet years ago, so I'm not sure if he will remember.  I wanted one so that every anniversary (and birth of a child) a new one to be added.  Not sure what I'll get him.  Probably some Tums! haha
  • We will exchange gifts. I'm going to get him a bottle our bourbon so he has a little something to enjoy before the ceremony with the guys. 
    imageAnniversary
  • We decided to do small, inexpensive, and silly gifts. This way we get to have the fun the tradition but save most of our money for honeymoon fun! There is something very sweet about opening something from each other during that long day of excitement and not seeing each other!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards