Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Mother walking me down the aisle

My mother will be walking me down the aisle due to my father not being in my life any longer. I dont want to dance with her, its just not me and it seems kinda cheesy. Is there anything else i can do for her at the reception?

Re: Mother walking me down the aisle

• I don't think it's necessary to do anything for her at the reception.  You could present her with your bouquet instead of doing the traditional bouquet toss.  Otherwise, just her being mother of the bride and walking you down the aisle is honor enough.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with pp, having her walk you down the aisle is a big honor, and if you skip the parent dances a lot of people won't even notice and they stop paying attention anyway after there have been several dances in a row at the beginning of the reception.

I like the pp's idea of presenting her with your bouquet instead of doing the traditional bouquet toss. I think that would be a beautiful moment for you two. GL!
  • I like the bouquet presentation or you could make a special toast to her.
  • My mom and dad are walking me down the aisle together. Not sure why my mom wanted it that way but thats how its going to be..

• The idea of presenting your bouquet to her is lovely. As previously mentioned you could make a short speech/toast to her. You're sweet to think of asking this question.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards