Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Freezing the Top Tier? Are you doing it?

2»

Re: Freezing the Top Tier? Are you doing it?

• Ours was only one tier so no, lol. I made it myself so I can always make it again for our one year anniversary!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We weren't planning to, but the caterers saved it for us anyways. My mother brought it home and left it out on the counter. It went in the trash when we got back from our honeymoon.
  • We are not because I have a coupon from our bakery to remake the top layer of our cake for our wedding anniversary.  This seems to becoming more common at the bakeries around here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • omg, loved reading all these stories! I think I'll go for it! Just to say I tried :) Plus I always have room in the freezer. The most we ever keep in there is 3-4 bags of steamable veggies and some ice packs. Thanks everyone!

"Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and pleases where it goes" David & Roxy March 2, 2013 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've struggled with this decision too. I don't really want a frozen cake in my freezer for 5 years or whatever. But what do you do if you have a huge cake and a smaller wedding? Throw it away? Freeze a half eaten top if all the tiers are cut? That might suck.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_freezing-the-top-tier-are-you-doing-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:7de81f19-587d-4be7-8853-2a591d845da3Post:c1c50b5f-d9bf-40dd-b340-70d5c1f3e38a">Freezing the Top Tier? Are you doing it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, my FI and I are planning on freezing the top layer of our wedding cake to eat on our anniversary. Is anyone else planning on doing this, has done this or know someone who has? Can you get sick by eating old cake? Will it taste ok? Thanks a bunch!
    Posted by DaveandRoxy[/QUOTE]

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards