Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

None of Us Can Dance! :P

I'm thinking of having a Sunday wedding with a shorter, mingling-rather-than-dancing reception, as we're on a tight budget and almost no one in my family can dance!

However, I've known for years what song I'd play for the father-daughter dance (it makes my daddy cry. It's so sweet). I don't know why it never occurred to me that both he and I have about five left feet.

Any creative ideas on a substitute for this sweet tradition?

Thanks y'all!

Re: None of Us Can Dance! :P

• Options
    Is the song something that you can incorporate in the wedding ceremony?

Or could you have the song on an iPod and just play it during the reception with a dedication to your Dad?
  • Options
    can you sing rather than dance?
    and no one in my family can dance either!
  • Options

At a wedding I went to they played 'the song' at the end of the isle before the 'who gives this women'....it worked out fine, maybe brought out the tears a bit too early though :D

• Options
    LOL none of us can dance, either.  Well, my mother can, but for the rest of us, dancing isn't  abig thing, and I personally would rather have a tooth filled with no novacane (sp).  I do literally mean that.

However, my issue is that FI's family really likes dancing.  On the other hand, I don't want a dance-focused reception, at all.  I don't like dancing type music, and I pretty much just want them to play slow songs all night.  I want to make people happy, but at the same time, I don't want to make myself miserable or bored or forced to listen to rock music, etc which I can't stand and which actually gives me a headache.  We wanted a piano at first, but moving and renting and retuning a piano would have been too expensive, so it looks like we will have to go the DJ route.  Blarg, because I do want some music, but at the same time I don't want music/DJ to take over.
  • Options
    we can't dance, either.  My side of the family even says "X's can't dance".
    However, we just took dance lessons at a local rec center.  It was very affordable and actually helped a lot!
  • Options
    I've taken dance lessons before.  It was the worst thing ever.  Okay, not the worst thing, but quite a bit worse than anything at a dentist's office. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards