Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Something old...

I am trying to think of my something old, something new, borrowed, blue. I was going to wear a ring that my FI got for me when we were 16 so the ring is 10 years old. One of my BM said that doesnt count as something old. What do you think? If I have anything older it will be borrowed. Can something be old AND borrowed?

Re: Something old...

• Options
    The "something old" is supposed to represent your link with your family and your past.  So something of yours doesn't count.

I'm not sure about having one item serve double duty, but you can always use one thing as the old and one thing as the borrowed.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    You don't have to have one thing old, one new, one borrowed and one blue.  Many people mix them including myself, my FMIL, (FGMIL)future grandmother in law and (FGGMIL)future great grandmother in law.  My FGMIL brought a handkerchief when I graduated college and said it was for me to wear on my wedding day.  It's old, borrowed and blue.  It used to be held with the bouquet but has since been changed to be held close to you by the garter.  I think it's a beautiful tradition and wouldn't dream of it any other way.  So my dress is new and the hankie and old, borrowed, and blue 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards