Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

introduction and Armenian/Russian wedding traditions

Hi All!,
I'm new to this board, and I'm planning my wedding for this coming August 2010 at Seasons in NJ.  I'm very excited and I'm getting married at my Armenian church. My FI is Russian and he hasn't given me much input with any cultural traditions.  I was wondering if anyone knows any good Armenian or Russian songs to dance to and/or "must have" traditions.  I want to make sure I involve both our cultures, because I think having cultural aspects makes a wedding fun/unique.  I'm doing my own side research too, but I appreciate your input.  Happy planning!

- Nancy

Re: introduction and Armenian/Russian wedding traditions

• HELLO! Yay another armenian! So might i suggest www.harsanik.com they have traditions that you can use. i'm having an armenian wedding too and that site has been helpful. We are gonna use the sample itenerary of the day and start off in different homes. We live together but I will be spending the night at my parents home because thats where i grew up and thats where my FI will be coming to get me so we can go to the church together. We are having a god mother and god father for the ceremony. A married couple that are friends of ours has graciosly accepted our request to be our wedding god-parents.

When my FI arrives with his family to my parents home to get me he will be accompanied with traditional music (Zourna and D'hol). ALso when we leave to go to the church they will play the music.

When we have our entrance at the hall we will have the traditional blessing from my F-M-in-Law. The Lavash bread on our shoulders, the spoons of honey, and the breaking of the plates. Again accompanied with traditional armenian music.

As far as incorporating russian traditions...why not ask you FI mom if there are tradtions that have to happen. if FI is not interested then get his mom or aunts or aother women involved,
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards