Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Way to Present Gifts to Parents?

FI and I are giving our parents 16x20 canvas wrapped pictures after the wedding.  They will get to choose their favorite picture from those taken at the wedding, and we will have them made.  My question is: How do I "present" this to our parents?  Do we give them a certificate?  Do we write them a letter?  I want them to have something prior to the wedding to know that they will have something coming.  Any ideas?

Re: Way to Present Gifts to Parents?

• Options
    I would just tell them you have something special for them on order or it is going to take a bit longer. In the meantime, at the RD you would just get them something small or just give them a card and tell them in the card that their present is on order.
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited September 2010
    We're actually using the parent albums as Christmas gifts this year.  The parents all got other gifts at the RD, with no mention of the albums.  If you want to stick with this as their gift for the wedding, just get them a card or something, maybe a box of chocolates or a bottle of wine if you want them to get something physical.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I'm with Aerin. We are going to give our parents wedding photos on an SD card and digital picture frames for Christmas, since we are getting married in October and by the time the pictures get back, its almost Christmas anyway. We got our moms a bag and some chocolate and a book and we got his dad a bowtie and mine a pair of ruler suspenders.
    I think you should go with what PP suggested and give them a card and maybe something small.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards