July 2014 Weddings

July 4th Weekend Wedding? When to book hotels?

Hi Everyone,
I'm getting married the Sunday after July 4th in 2014.  We just booked our date today and already we're getting worry-filled feedback about booking hotel rooms.  We have some family/friends that will be coming from out of town.  What's the best thing to do here?  When should I send out save-the-dates so that people can start booking?  What are the pros/cons with blocking off hotel rooms?  Please help!

Re: July 4th Weekend Wedding? When to book hotels?

• My suggestion would be to book a block of hotel rooms. Make's it easy for you and your guests. Most hotels require a minimum of 10 rooms and they will negotiate the price, it will help with the cost. I would start talking with hotels as soon as possible, that way you get the best rate and the best value for what you are looking for.

If you keep the guest at the same hotel, they can do things together and be close to the wedding venue.

If you gets the booking gone for them, you can put it on the save-the-date and not have everyone worried about missing the big day. It will take a lot of stress off you and them. I would send that off after you figure out the hotel situation. Plus, if you have a wedding website for your guests to look at, they will know what is going on too.

I read this great article from USA today that helped me and here is the link:
    http://traveltips.usatoday.com/book-block-hotel-rooms-2971.html
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • My wedding is actually ON the 4th of July of 2014, and I already messaged the hotel on site and they suggested to contact them a year prior to the event.  That's the earliest they can start looking at prices.  The earlier you look, the better.  Just start scoping out hotels, tell them you want to do a room block, and see the earliest you can start looking and getting prices.

• Hi Ladies,

We are looking at July 5, 2014. Do you think this would be a better weekend to negotiate prices? I'm trying to figure out if that will be a prime weekend, or if it'll be less desirable. Any thoughts?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2014-weddings_july-4th-weekend-wedding-when-to-book-hotels?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:362ec957-f2b2-4d5b-ab11-036a377ec1c6Discussion:41a1dc98-889e-4cbb-9000-28b95c6f2c2dPost:4da6e889-a076-4d9e-87bd-3a1995185d0e">Re: July 4th Weekend Wedding? When to book hotels?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is actually ON the 4th of July of 2014, and I already messaged the hotel on site and they suggested to contact them a year prior to the event.  That's the earliest they can start looking at prices.  The earlier you look, the better.  Just start scoping out hotels, tell them you want to do a room block, and see the earliest you can start looking and getting prices.
    Posted by npizz0[/QUOTE]

Mine is also, and I was told the same thing.  She said to contact them in July 2013 to find out about pricing and dates.  Since it's a holiday, I definitely want to make sure I get a block of rooms!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards