Wedding Party
Options

::LD1970::

When I graduated from law school and was clerking for a judge, I was driven insane by the amazingly poor quality of correspondence and documents allowed to leave law offices en route for judges' chambers.  At one point, I actually asked my judge if I could take a red pen to everything and send it back.  I was only half kidding.

I just found this post of yours.  I actually did this once.  The only way I could get through this one twenty page motion that I had to draft an opposition response to was to take a red marker to it.  I then mailed it back to the attorney with a cover letter that said I knew he did not write this but that he needed to keep a closer eye on whomever did write it.

And in case you're wondering, no, this isn't the ballsiest thing I've ever done.  Another time I called a judge's previous ruling "asinine" in a motion.  The judge granted my motion and reversed himself.
AKA GoodLuckBear14

Re: ::LD1970::

• Options
    You would get along well with my fiance, Tricia.  He's similar in his law practicing ways :-)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_ld1970?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:01adc533-6c6e-4df4-a10e-461c9a24e682Post:42e1947d-4991-4025-a4f1-59dd3d7d2007">Re: ::LD1970::</a>:
    [QUOTE]You would get along well with my fiance, Tricia.  He's similar in his law practicing ways :-)
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

Does he know any firms hiring attorneys who practice like us?
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    At the moment, no...  Sorry :-(  I'll let you know if I hear anything, though!  I know things have been hard in Philly and some large firms here were well hit.  It's sad.
  • Options
    LOL, found this!

You're my kinda lawyer.

I did once get a summary judgment brief from an adversary on a personal injury case that mentioned my client as the driver of a vehicle.  My client was 14 at the time of the accident, and was a pedestrian crossing the street.  I actually went back through my file to make sure I wasn't nuts; it made me feel surreal.  It was obviously a canned brief that the insurance defense firm's associate found in the computer and she got careless about changing the fact pattern to fit the actual case.  Oops.

When we were in court to argue it, I told the partner who actually appeared on the motion that he needed to have a chat with his associate.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards