Wedding Party
Options

Secret Santa Update

Ok, names are drawn!

If you haven't already, please change your name in SS to your first name last initial but still include your Knot name too.

Also, please add things to your wish list or add general things that you enjoy.

Spending limit is $20-$25.  You don't have to spend that much, it's just a guidline to say "Don't spend more than this." :)

Please update your address to whatever address you would like your gift shipped.

I'd like to ask that everyone have their gifts in the mail by December 13.

Sound good?  Let me know if you have any questions.

Re: Secret Santa Update

• Options
    I wanted to say that I'm really happy that we were able to include everyone who missed the first time.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    Ok, so just for clarification, what's the "local gift" thing? Does that mean we get our person a regular gift, plus something that's local to us?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_secret-santa-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:0c98957f-1786-493e-a841-865155066f4fPost:0e8a11aa-be8d-4b8f-b1eb-a4ac694688ee">Re: Secret Santa Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, so just for clarification, what's the "local gift" thing? Does that mean we get our person a regular gift, plus something that's local to us?
    Posted by jaimed99[/QUOTE]
    Yes.  It can be something about your town, like if you live in NY than an I <3 NY mug or whatever. 

Or if you have an awesome candy store in your town that makes great fudge.  Include a few pieces of that.

Maybe there's a store in your town where a lady knits scarves/gloves/hats, etc. 

Just something that is local to you and that the person you drew wouldn't probably get to experience unless they visited your town.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_secret-santa-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:0c98957f-1786-493e-a841-865155066f4fPost:ee562ab9-03dd-4934-9bc9-b9ea91332bdf">Re: Secret Santa Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Secret Santa Update : Yes.  It can be something about your town, like if you live in NY than an I <3 NY mug or whatever.  Or if you have an awesome candy store in your town that makes great fudge.  Include a few pieces of that. Maybe there's a store in your town where a lady knits scarves/gloves/hats, etc.  Just something that is local to you and that the person you drew wouldn't probably get to experience unless they visited your town.
    Posted by frogurt814[/QUOTE]

<div>Gotcha :) This is going to be fun!</div>
  • Options

Oooh, I got a good draw this time, too!

I have to say though, considering how small the "reg crowd" is on this board, there really wasn't anybody I could have drawn that I would have been like "Huh? Who's this chick?". This is why I like it here.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_secret-santa-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:0c98957f-1786-493e-a841-865155066f4fPost:fdbbc32e-bfd9-4d0b-8c8f-3fe9f30b796f">Re: Secret Santa Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oooh, I got a good draw this time, too! I have to say though, considering how small the "reg crowd" is on this board, there really wasn't anybody I could have drawn that I would have been like "Huh? Who's this chick?". This is why I like it here.
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]
    Me too :)
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Meg, I totally agree.  That's what I was just thinking.  I was trying to think of someone I wouldn't have been excited about drawing, and I couldn't come up with anyone.
  • Options
    Last year, my club board did a SS and it was an ornament exchange. Looked like fun as well.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    Ohhh, I love ornament exchanges!  Let's keep that in mind for next year.  That way we can still do SS but keep the costs down
  • Options

I like the ornament exchange idea. Definitely need to remember that for next year's.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_secret-santa-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:0c98957f-1786-493e-a841-865155066f4fPost:637fe1cd-eff9-44f6-a45d-f5952e737845">Re: Secret Santa Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]Meg, have I mentioned yet how much I love your sig picture? :)
    Posted by jaimed99[/QUOTE]

Aw, thanks! When I first saw it, I was thinking "I'm probably the only person on the planet dorky enough to find this funny" ... but I thought it was really funny, so I just had to, anyway, lol.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_secret-santa-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:0c98957f-1786-493e-a841-865155066f4fPost:d086a93d-b9d0-43b1-a42a-efc443d20cde">Re: Secret Santa Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Secret Santa Update : Aw, thanks! When I first saw it, I was thinking "I'm probably the only person on the planet dorky enough to find this funny" ... but I thought it was really funny, so I just had to, anyway, lol.

<div>No, you're definitely not alone! My cousin, friend and I have been absolute HP geeks for the past two days, doing the stupid quizzes on Facebook and all...we are so excited for tonight! :)</div>
  • Options

I don't get to go until Saturday night ... all of our local theatres actually sold out of midnight show tickets 2 weeks ago. But ZOMG, I can't wait!!!!!

• Options
    bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    DH will only take me when it's "not crowded" so we're going at 9 am on Sunday!  Which will still be crowded, but I'm not willing to wait much longer than that.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    I don't get to go until sometime on Saturday. boo.  We are painting our kitchen on Saturday and need to do prep work tomorrow night and then we'll paint on Saturday.  So whenever we are done painting, I'm going to go see it with my mom.  H doesn't care for HP.
  • Options
    Yay! I loved both of my draws too =)

You don't know who you are yet, but you are getting something AWESOME from the farmer's market here. Awesome.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options

We're going Saturday night ... which we know is still going to be a mad-house, but we're also going with our one really good friend that's also a huge fan of the series. Basically, with how all 3 of our schedules worked out, if we don't go Saturday night, we wouldn't be able to go until after Thanksgiving, and that's just not happening.

And ladies, start listing flavors and scents you like/don't like, because somebody's getting a sampler package of really awesome local fudge and possibly some really nice soap.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_secret-santa-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:0c98957f-1786-493e-a841-865155066f4fPost:b902b03a-e53c-4b53-bd87-dbc5efa7704f">Re: Secret Santa Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're going Saturday night ... which we know is still going to be a mad-house, but we're also going with our one really good friend that's also a huge fan of the series. Basically, with how all 3 of our schedules worked out, if we don't go Saturday night, we wouldn't be able to go until after Thanksgiving, and that's just not happening. <strong>And ladies, start listing flavors and scents you like/don't like, because somebody's getting a sampler package of really awesome local fudge and possibly some really nice soap.</strong>
    How do we add that stuff?  I added a few things to my wishlist, but I'm not sure how to add just text talking about likes and dislikes.

Also, food allergies would be good to know about.  I don't want to kill someone because I sent them nuts.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Question: in the package that we send are we supposed to admit that it's "us" that sent it, or is it always to remain a secret? I mean, when someone opens their package and sees an "I love NY" shirt, they're probably going to KNOW it's me.....(I'm not getting whoever you are a shirt though)
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_secret-santa-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:0c98957f-1786-493e-a841-865155066f4fPost:5eb57739-e0a4-445f-a393-4c986b46d18a">Re: Secret Santa Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Secret Santa Update : How do we add that stuff?  I added a few things to my wishlist, but I'm not sure how to add just text talking about likes and dislikes. Also, food allergies would be good to know about.  I don't want to kill someone because I sent them nuts.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

You just start typing in the add to wishlist box, but instead of saying "search", you just click "wish" and whatever you typed will show up on your wishlist.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Stina, I was planning on including a note in my package that it is me. 

Aerin, I think you can just type free text, almost like a status message type thing and talk about scents/flavors you like, food allergies, etc. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_secret-santa-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:0c98957f-1786-493e-a841-865155066f4fPost:5eb57739-e0a4-445f-a393-4c986b46d18a">Re: Secret Santa Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Secret Santa Update : How do we add that stuff?  I added a few things to my wishlist, but I'm not sure how to add just text talking about likes and dislikes. <strong>Also, food allergies would be good to know about.  I don't want to kill someone because I sent them nuts.
    </strong>Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

Definitely agreed on the allergies thing. I can get you non-chocolate or nut-free fudge if you're allergic (Or just don't like chocolate or nuts), I certainly don't want to pick out something that you can't eat.

As for the text, I'm pretty sure if you go into "add to wish list" you can just type stuff on the line where you would copy in the link. I haven't tested this yet myself, but I did see that both Licia and Stage managed to submit "written requests".

• Options
    I'm going to include a note saying it's from me ... I think it'll be more fun when it's over to see who had who, especially when it comes to the local gifts (I'm not going to lie, I'm more excited about the local gift reveals than the regular ones ... I want to see what awesome stuff comes from where).

• Options
    I think the reveal should be after everyone has announced that they've received a gift. I would hate for someone to find out who their SS was and the gift to not have arrived yet.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    How about after New Years?  I know I always take a break from TK for the holidays/exams so most of December is likely out for me.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Options
    Great!  After the new year sounds good to me. 
  • Options
    Maybe send out a message on Elfster alerting anyone who may not be knotting?
    Courtesy of megk8oz

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards