Wedding Party
Options

Help me pick the bridesmaid dresses!!!

Hello - having some trouble deciding between these two dresses. They are obviously two very different styles and feels. I love the flowy one on the right because it is flattering on all of the girls. It's a very pretty color. Comfortable for them because of the straps. And perfect for an outside June wedding. However, I worry that it may look too casual for a wedding- maybe almost nightgown like! The one on the left is cool because it incorporates my two colors. The satin has a more formal look to it. We can add straps too if that becomes an issue. Any thoughts/ideas/opinions/ANYTHING that will help me decide?!?! Thanks! I've added 2 links because I'm not sure which one works best =)http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/jeterbug97/alldress.jpg

Re: Help me pick the bridesmaid dresses!!!

• Options
    I haven't looked, but which do your BMs think fits better? Are there price differences?  Which one fits the budget?
  • Options
    I did look at the two dresses and I could give you my opinion but the people you should be asking are your bridemaids.  Which one do they prefer?
  • Options
    Ask your BM if you can not decide and go with the one they as a group like best. If tied go with the cheaper one
  • Options
    I've asked the girls and they are of no help = which I thought was surprising! They are actually just too sweet. They say "it's up to you - just pick what you like and we will wear it". I'm not complaining about that though - I picked them as my girls because of that love for me after all. And as for price - they are about the same price wise. I think maybe a $15 difference. I guess my big concern is "matching" or going with the wedding dress. I want them to have the same feel if that makes sense. If I'm strapless does it matter if they are strapless? Can you tell I'm confused by this? =(
  • Options
    No their dress does not have to match yours. What about emailing them those two pictures and this one  and asking them to rank the dresses 1-3
  • Options
    I think I actually like the flowier one better, but that's just me. You have to like it.
  • Options
    I couldn't get either link to work for me. But here is my suggestion: I wanted to take my girls shopping just to see what fit and look would work best for them. I am not going to have them wear something that matches my dress but I asked them to take the colors I've given them, six colors actually...lol and told them to find something that they would each wear after the wedding but that was a sundress or strapless. Didn't ask them to go formal because who wants another dress hanging there that they aren't going to wear again. If you have easy going maids, then pick the one you think is going to look the best on them that will compliment your dress. You can do a virtual wedding scene on Davids bridal which might help you decide.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards