Wedding Party
Options

MOH and her boyfriend.

This may have already been answered in another way, but anyway... My sister is going to be my maid of honor and she has been in a relationship for about 2 years by the time of the wedding. Of course he would be invited to the wedding, but am I obligated to have him IN the WP? My FH already has a best man, so they wouldn't even walk together or anything, but would it be rude to not include him in the WP? I just don't want to offend anyone.

Re: MOH and her boyfriend.

• Options
    Absolutely not. Even if he was her husband there would be no obligation. My FSIL (FI SIL) is one of my BM's...but she's a friend so I wanted her there. I didn't just do in out of obligation. Obviously invite him to the wedding and include him in the RD and that will be enough.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No, you don't have to have him in the WP.  The WP should be those closest to you and your FI, those who you want standing by your  side.  No one rates a space in a BP just because of the person they're dating.
  • Options
    not required at all - my MOH is married and her husband isn't in the wedding and neither is the boyfriend of my other bridesmaid. Also my fiance's best man and 2 of his groomsmans wives/girlfriends are not in the wedding partythe people in your wedding party should reflect who are your closest friends and/or family that you want to honor
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No of course not.  None of our WP's SOs were in the WP, including my SIL, who is the BM's wife.  All their SOs came to the wedding and sat with the WP during dinner, but they weren't actually a part of the WP.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Not at all.  My youngest DD was MOH for her sister 2 weeks ago.  MOH's boyfriend was at the wedding, and sat in the front row with DH and I, but he wasn't IN the wedding.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    You're not obligated to have him in the actual ceremony, but do be sure to seat them together at the reception.
  • Options
    Nope - not required to have him in the WP at all.Just make sure that you seat them together at the reception.
  • Options
    No...my FBIL is in the wedding but she is not, and we were both in theirs 2 years ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards