Wedding Party
Options

Do the groomsmen need to have matching suits?

We are trying to have a very simple Catholic church wedding (if there is such a thing). My fiance doesn't want to wear a tux, just a suit that he already has. For his groomsmen, is it tacky if each of them just wears a suit that they currently have or do they all need to match? I"m going to give my bridesmaids a color choice and then let them pick out their own dresses.

Re: Do the groomsmen need to have matching suits?

• Options
    Not at all. My parents married in a Catholic church and the GM (my uncles) all wore their best suits in different colors. Looking back, she kind of wishes she had told them to wear the same color, but no one thought it tacky. The BM dresses didn't match either--the BM (my aunts) wore white lace dresses in different styles.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Definately not.  I would suggest that they all wear a black suit with a white shirt, and then buy them matching ties.  No one is going to notice or care if one guy has 3 buttons and another has 2 and a longer coat.
  • Options
    It's perfectly fine - and exactly what my Dad told his GM to do.
  • Options
    If you are worried about them looking similiar then I'd suggest having them all wear black suites, white shirts and then you buying the tie or picking out a tie for them to all wear.  Thats what we are doing w our dads actually, they werent excited about renting a tux so we told them to just wear black suite and white shirt and we'd take care of the ties.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards