Wedding Party
Options

Not asking close friends to be in wedding party.

I am so not looking forward to asking friends to be my bridesmaids. I was thinking of just asking my sister, who I'm not terribly close with in the first place, to be my maid of honor and just not ask any friends. There's one friend who I'd ask and then her twin sister as well who lives in New Zealand but will be home for my wedding. I would call it good there but then another friend who had me as her maid of honor in her wedding told me last year (before I even said anything about a wedding) that she'll have to lose weight after her baby to be able to fit into a bridesmaid dress for my wedding. I thought that was very presumptuous seeing as she's the one I'd cut out of the wedding party. She's just not someone I'm as close to as I used to be. Plus she gets along with one of the other girls I'd ask but not her sister. She'd be upset that I asked them but not her. I don't want to upset anyone but if it was up to me I'd have the twins and my sister and call it good.

Re: Not asking close friends to be in wedding party.

• Options
    if it was up to me I'd have the twins and my sister and call it good. It is up to you. However, the decisions you make can and most likely WILL affect your friendships. Be prepared for hurt feelings, but it is up to you and you should do what you feel is right for you IMHO.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It's completely up to you.  You can have anyone you want in your WP. You don't have to ask someone just because you were in her wedding.  WP's are not reciprocal.Choose who you want, and don't be guilted into having someone just because they assume they'll be in the wedding.Having said that, it's WAY to early to choose a WP.  I would wait until after Thanksgiving or even Christmas.  There isn't a need to ask this soon, and by then you may find that things are even clearer about who to ask or not ask.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I do like the idea of cutting out drama by not asking anyone... I would love to have just my mom up there and call it a day.
  • Options
    Choose who you want, and don't be guilted into having someone just because they assume they'll be in the wedding.I need to remember this - I am dealing with this right now with a presumptuous friend and choosing my BP is causing me major anxiety right now. It's been the most stressful component of wedding planning so far and it shouoldn't be like this - aaaggghh!!Anyway, I feel your pain. But it sounds like you just want your sister and the twins. Go with your heart / gut feelings on this one. I am trying to do the same.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards