Wedding Party
Options

Activities for Groom and Groomsmen on THE day

Hey everyone!So I'm trying to think of things for the groom and the groomsmen to do the morning of the wedding...ideas?Thanks!Sharon

Re: Activities for Groom and Groomsmen on THE day

• Options
  • Options
    What do they normally do together?  Why do you have to plan something for them?  My H slept in at the hotel.  Then the guys came over and they hung out and ate a pizza and had a couple of beers.  They goofed off for a little while, got ready, and came to the wedding.
  • Options
    I'd let your fiance figure this one outmy fiance is probably just going to meet up with his guys and get a nice lunch, maybe smoke a cigar, get ready, and just generally hang out until the ceremony
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Just let them do what they want as long as they show up to the ceremony on time.  I can picture my FI sleeping until noon, playing on the computer for the next three hours after that, throwing on his tux with the other guys, and going to the church. 
  • Options
    What does your FI want to do?  This is his call.
  • Options
    Ditto pps.  Let your FI decide what he wants to do.  Presumably he's a grown man capable of making his own decisions.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Why are you planning it for him? FI's friends would tease him for years to come if I planned a pre-wedding activity for all of them. Chill out and let him take care of it. If he wants to do something he will plan it. If not, then they just sit around. It's not your place to do this. Did he ASK you for some suggestions? That'd be a different story. Otherwise, MYOB.
  • Options
    Spence is staying at our house the night before w some of his guys (whoever wants to), as far as I know they are just gonna hang out at the house probly smoke some cigars (we are getting them all cigars as part of their gift) and play wii.....eat lunch?I have enough to plan that day without worrying about what DF is going to do while I'm rushing around to get ready, hes a grown up I think he can handle it.
  • Options
    Them them figure it out for themselves.  They aren't children, I'm sure they can find ways to occupy their time.
  • Options
    As everyone else has said, they're grown men and can figure it out themselves.  However, if your FI does want a suggestion from you, they can play golf or they can all go for professional shaves.
  • Options
    golf is a big one so i hear...I'm having the same issue. We're having the wedding in my hometown so my FI isn't all that familiar with the area and plus it will be February. It's also a small town (not even a Target) so i'm not sure what mine will do either - maybe go sledding lol!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies.  To clear things up, he is looking for unique ideas and I'm trying to help him.Golf seems like it is the popular one so far.I am slightly surprised by some of the comments this question has gotten.  He is a big boy, but he is also my best friend, and since it is OUR day I want to help him make the best of it as well.  I believe it IS my business to do this.  Everyone always seems so quick to criticize on these boards, instead of help.  I never asked whether I'm responsible to plan it out, all I wanted was ideas...thanks to the few that did so!
  • Options
    Hey Shari!I know how it feels to want to help make your FI's day as special as your own. It's his day too. I'd talk to the BM and his father - perhaps they've been through it, or have family traditions? Golf is good idea, and so is Wii. Also, an awesome brunch with the boys is a good idea (not too much time to eat later). MY FI said he likes the idea of getting a professional shave done that day (his own version of pampering).All the best, and good luck!

My Blog: Jalara's Chronicles
    5 miscarriages of 6 babies, 2 IVF cycles and now we are choosing another path.
    Untitled
    ?Everyone is welcome.?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards