Wedding Party
Options

asking the bridal party

I want to present my bridal party with small gifts when I ask them to be in our wedding. Any good ideas out there?

Re: asking the bridal party

• Options
    Skip the gift now and instead just ask. Save that money to add to later gift or to do something like pay for hairdos day of or pay a % of attire
  • Options
    I just asked - no gifts, cards, whatever. I did tell them that I'd treat them to dinner whenever we go out dress shopping, though. If I had done a gift, I would've done a bottle of wine or a box of chocolates or something. Maybe a funny inside joke-style gift. Or you could save that money and kick in some cash toward their BM dresses, even $20 apiece. As a BM, I think I'd rather have that than a token gift. Or maybe pay for them all to get their nails done for the wedding, or cover the stylist's tip if they decide to get hair or makeup done.
  • Options
    Yeah, sorry, I just asked.  My MOH actually asked me to be in her wedding via text message, so I replied asking her to be a BM.  I then asked her to be MOH while we were shopping at Ikea.  I asked my two other BMs as we were leaving choir rehearsal, and I honestly don't think I even asked my sisters, in my family it was just kind of assumed that they'd be up there with me.If you really want to give them something, I'd stick with a nice, heartfelt card.  Otherwise, just save the money toward their gifts for the wedding.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Ditto the other wise ladies. You're going to quickly find out that all these "little gifts" can add up to significant $$ by the time your wedding is all said and done. They won't care about a little knick-knack as much as they'll care that they're being asked. Neither my DD nor my DIL gave their girls any little "stuff" when they asked. They just called their friends/family and had a squee moment together.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Save the money and buy them a nicer gift once the wedding rolls around.Sorry but I don't have any other suggestions.  I asked my MOH in person but had to ask everyone else over the phone.  Not very special but honestly, the fact that you want them in the WP means more than some trinket you'll buy.
  • Options
    I guess I'm a hipocrit I thought about it I asked one of my bm over ice cream and I bought the cones .  
  • Options
    I bought my bridesmaid a gift. It's very popular right now to ask them in a creative fun way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards