Wedding Party
Options

Special job for 12 year old neice

My only neice will be 12 years old when I get married. I want something special for her to do, especially since her dad/my brother died 7 years ago, so it is very important that I have her in the wedding. I thought about her being a junior bridesmaid, but decided against that because she wouldn't be able to enjoy all of the bridal party events and everything we have planned, and I don't want her to feel left out of those things. I don't think she would want to be a flower girl. Are there any other things that she could do that would make her feel important?
Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Special job for 12 year old neice

• Options
    What babling said. If she's anything like my niece was at that age, she'll be beyond thrilled to be included with the "big girls" on your wedding day and won't care about missing the bachelorette party.
  • Options
    I agree make her a BM. She will not left out of b-party, as it's an adult thing.
  • Options
    If she's 12 she'll understand that she can't attend the b-party because that's an adult function. But there's NO reason that she can't attend the shower. Our SIL's 13 year old cousin attended DD's shower with his aunt. Make her a BM. She'll be thrilled and you'll have fun watching her. Our DIL had her 11 year old cousin as a BM. She loved it, and the "big girls" had so much fun helping her get ready
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Why don't you ask her?  She could do a reading, be a BM, or pass out program/greet guests.  Let her know that you want to include her and see what she would like to do.
  • Options
    BEst - BM- of course no bachlorette but she can help at shower and have fun on wedding day being an adult at 12 there is no nicer gift 2nd best - JR BM - same as BM but you make a unkind point iof her being young 3rd best reader- not nice at all- fg, program passer outter guestbook attendant ect
  • Options
    I agree w/ pp- make her a BM.  I'm having my 10-year-old cousin in my wedding as a BM.  No, she won't be able to come to the bachelorette party, but she was able to come to my wedding shower and she seemed like she had fun.  Really, other than the bachelorette, there shouldn't really be much she can't participate in.  I'm making sure to include her in as much as possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards