Wedding Party
Options

Bridal Party gifts..Is this cheesy?

I seem to have fallen a bit for the personalized bridal party attire - you know the t-shirts etc. that say MOH, BM, FGIs this a cheesy thing to include in the bridal party gift? I think it would be fun to give them to the bridal party for when we go to get our nails done the day before the wedding, and hair and makeup the day of. Personally I've never rec'd anything like this as a bridesmaid, but I would have thought it was fun.. but I'm a serious cheeseball and I don't know if everyone would be so cool about it - assuming that I'm cool that is ;) 

Re: Bridal Party gifts..Is this cheesy?

• Options
    Maybe you could give them out if you are having a bach party and then they could get two uses out of them?!
  • Options
    ooo la la.. good thinking
  • Options
    Honestly, if a bride gave me that as my ONLY gift then I'd thank her but I'd only wear them once before they were in the sleepy attire rotation.  If that's the only gift, I'd appreciate it but I do think it falls into the lazy gift giving category.
  • Options
    Oh, no.. defiantely not the only gift. I'm going to give them each something unique and personal.. meaningful...but alongside that a gift bag with fun stuff in it (t-shirts would be included here)..  My main concern about the t-shirts is that they may be like "I'm not wearing that!" lol would you wear it if you got it? Not outside the wedding festivities of course... but to get manis and pedis or to the bachelorette party as above etc? Or would you be mortified to wear it? 
  • Options
    I'd be fine wearing it as long as it was figure flattering and a color I liked - however I'd poll the ladies to see what they thought.  Those sorts of things can go either way. 
  • Options
    excellent point Banana... You're right.. If it were me I'd hate to feel obligated to wear something that didn't look decent on me. I will poll and if they think it's fine I'll be sensitive to make choices that will flatter.  Good thinking... Thanks
  • Options
    I hate to be a poop, but when someone makes me wear something that I didnt know I was going to have to wear, I get a little pissy and even fight having to wear it.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    Personally, I'd probably wear it, and hate every second of it.  I don't wear tee shirts, and one with an identifier like MOH would just be really high on the cheesetastic meter for me.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    My sister gave me a T-shirt that said "bridesmaid" for her wedding.  I wore it for the bachelorette party, and then packed it away with all the other "sentimental" shirts that I'll never wear again (mainly team and club shirts from high school and college).If you really, really want to do this then go for it, but I personally think it's kind of a waste of money.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Yea would not wear something like that and def would not waste the money on that for my BP.
  • Options
    "would you wear it if you got it? Not outside the wedding festivities of course... but to get manis and pedis or to the bachelorette party as above etc? Or would you be mortified to wear it?" Personally, I think there are much better ways to spend your money than to dress your WP up like your entourage. I would never wear something like that, even if the bride asked me to do so.
  • Options
    I see where you could get enchanted by the idea of personalized stuff, but I think it's actually a waste of money. After your wedding, they won't be the MOH/BM/whatever anymore, and I can guarantee you that t-shirt will wind up in the pajama drawer. Personally, I already have a zillion sleepy t-shirts and don't need another -- and I suspect most women are in the same boat. Also, as PP said, they couldn't wear it to get their hair done, because they'll need to pull it over their heads to change, ruining the hairdo. Save the money and spend it elsewhere.
  • Options
    Ditto that anything that needs to be pulled over your head will ruin a hairstyle; they should all wear button-up shirts for that. I personally think this sort of thing works out best if the MOH or a BM suggest it and they all wear it of their own volition. That's just me though.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    This is why it's awesome to have a place to go to ask these types of questions ;) I had an inkling it was overboard lol....See I would wear it and love it, but I'm the type of person that actually likes those knitted Christmas themed sweaters. I know I'm a rare case of juvenille sometimes... so that's why it's good to hear your opinions.Cheers ladies!
  • Options
    Personally, I'm picky about my own clothes and if I felt I'd be uncomfortable wearing the shirt, I wouldn't wear it. I would certainly not be be embarrassed... I mean, the other girls would be wearing them, too... it might even be fun.It's just, all girls have different body types,... and preferences on colors and styles...You might be better off getting them all matching tote bags they could all use the day of and many people could use them afterwards, too. Or maybe matching pins or something?
  • Options
    Honestly I hate these sorts of things and find then cheesy and a smidge like hey you are not yourself anymore just a member of my entourage.  If you are ok withthe following 1. they might hate wearing it and only do so to make you happy 2. it will never get worn again 3.they might not find it fun and instead tease you about this choiceThen it is acceptanble but just not ideal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards