Wedding Party

When to give bridal party gifts?

When and how is everyone planning on giving their bridal party their gifts? I don't know whether there is a gift giving "ceremony" at the rehearsal dinner, or if we should just casually hand them out to each person as the night goes on. Any advice on fun ways to give them also? I would like everyone to feel important to us, but not sure if we could give a speech about each person, we have a 9 person wedding party plus ushers. Thanks!

Re: When to give bridal party gifts?

• Casually at the RD
  • Don't have a "ceremony". I gave mine to my BMs as we were getting dressed on the day of since not all of them could come to the RD.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • I think it depends on what the gifts are. If it's stuff that can be used at the wedding (jewelry, shawls, purses, etc.), maybe give them out the morning of the wedding so that everyone has them in-hand to use. If it's something that's a pain in the butt to lug around all day, I'd give it to them at least the day before the wedding so that they aren't carting it in the limo all day. And if they have to get on a plane to go home and your gifts to them are bulky, maybe consider shipping their gifts to them. I would not do individual speeches - while it's a sweet thought, that also means that people have to sit through them during the dinner. You could write your feelings in a heartfelt note to each attendant, so that they can read them on their own time (and save them, if they wish).
  • You could write your feelings in a heartfelt note to each attendant, so that they can read them on their own time (and save them, if they wish). We are doing this... we are putting a thank you note with each gift, FI is writing for his GM, and I'm writing for my BM.... I don't think they want personal stuff heard by everyone just as much as everyone doesn't want to hear me talk about that time in Mr. whatever's class...
  • We casually did it at the RD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards