Wedding Party
Options

Asking people to be in the wedding ideas?

I'm looking for some cute ways/ideas on how to ask my potential bridesmaids if they would be my bridesmaids... Any ideas?
Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Asking people to be in the wedding ideas?

• Options
    Step 1: Pick up phone. Step 2: Ask Step 3: Enjoy the excitement. If you have to ask strangers for ways to ask your BMs, it's a sign that you probably should just go w/ your gut. For them the honor is in BEING asked, not in HOW they are asked.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    I'm also a big fan of just asking. However with Halloween approaching, you could do something cute like put the question in a bag of goodies, tucked in a pumpkin or in a cute card that jokingly says that being a BM could be a trick and a treat.
  • Options
    I wasnt asking for ways to ask because I dont know how. Just asking is fine with me and what I was planning on doing. But I saw a cute idea in a bridal magazine on a way to ask and was curious how others did it or had any other cute ideas.
    Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I asked my sister while visiting my parents' house, and I asked my friend when we were eating at a diner.
  • Options
    I asked my MOH by text message, right after she asked me to be one of her bridesmaids.  I didn't ask my sisters, it was just acknowledged that they would be in the WP.  I asked my other two bridesmaids as we were leaving rehearsal one night, since I didn't think it was fair to talk wedding with them without letting them know where they stood.Where's Retread with her standard "don't waste your money on crap like that" response?
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    You're right, it's insane for people to think that you didn't know how to ask your BMs after you asked them for ideas on how to ask your BMs.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    I'm not really the best help in this dept, but I'll let you know how I did it.My sisters were oohing over my new ring, they asked if I had anybody in mind for BMs, and I said "Well, duh, I'm asking you guys!".Then FI's sister, we just said "So, we want you to stand up with us ... did you want to be a BM or a groomswoman?".And behold, Meg had BMs.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    I called my friends up and asked them. They were so excited, and I am so glad I got to hear their reactions.
  • Options
    I asked 3 of mine (each one individually) over dinner and 1 over the phone. Plenty of excitement either way.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    I've been a Bm a lot. I've been asked in person ( best ) on the phone ( 2nd best) and via cutsey cards ( a total let down with no excitment and honestly then the bride was not avaible when I got my mail and so it was a like well I guess ) and via wierd scrapbook thing in the mail ( I shoudl have taken this as a sign of bridezilla warning. It showed tons of effort and was cute but way way too much time had been put into this thing and it was also no excitement but a sign that the bride was going off teh bridal deep end and she turned into the biggest most obnoxious bridezilla. FYI is anyone needs a puce parasol with ecru (death to the Bm who called it green and ivory)lace ruffles I own one from that wedding)
  • Options
    there are these cute cookies that are decked out and look amazing.  You can put a little poem on them and send them to your bridesmaids in a little gift box.  I thought about doing that for a second.
  • Options
    Linds, between now and May you're going to be inundated with foolishness from wedding magazines, wedding websites, wedding TV shows, and wedding blogs. They will be trying to convince you that you simply MUST do "thus and so" to make your wedding creative, memorable, unique, and more special than anyone else's. And of course, in order to do that, you must purchase the "stuff" their advertisers sell. 99.9% of it is unneccessary. Your wedding will be creative, memorable, unique and special because it's yours. Not because you asked your WP by buying cookies shaped like BM dresses or cutesy cards. In the coming months, look at EVERYTHING in those magazines you have, and EVERYTHING on this website, and EVERYTHING on TV shows with a huge shakerful of salt.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Thanks, stage.  =)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I sent mine a txt say I really needed a super big favor bc I was having some troulbe doing some thing. they basically replied the same way "what are you having trouble with" I replied back " How to ask you to be a my Bides Maid" (and MOH) then every one called and said are you serious of course  and that they were saving the text then My MOH called and said do dogs bark you know that was a dumb question of course I'd love to do it.
  • Options
    I don't live near any of my bridesmaids and I had really wanted to ask them in person but that wasn't a possibility. I went to Barnes and Nobles and bought a variety of bridesmaids books (they have an entire section and a bunch of them are like $10). Inside the front cover I wrote "will you be my bridesmaid (or MOH)." And then mailed them. My BMs really liked the idea. Plus, it gave them each a book with ideas for showers and bachelorette parties, etc. And, as each book was different, there were a lot of different ideas. While I would have liked to have asked in person, the books worked really well and were appreciated.
  • Options
    Hi.....I did photo postcards from Walgreens on one side a put a pic of me and that bridesmaid, and on the back I put will you be my bridesmaid and the wedding date..and mailed them to each girl.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards