Wedding Party
Options

WP Board poll

Why do you like this board? What has been your favorite "troll" problem? What color were/are your bridesmaid dresses? Knottie on this board that always has the right answers: And GO!
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WP Board poll

• Options
    1. I like the drama, but also I feel that the most faux pas get posted here. 2. I enjoy hearing about each individual case on why so and so should be able to end her friendship with a bm because they aren't excited for them a year out! Always makes me laugh. 3. They were black and I let them pick! 4. Stage and Brooke, and I LOVE retread!
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    Why do you like this board? I find the threads amusing, and I like to hear the drama.. Oh, and occaisionally I add my own thoughts to the mix. Its also a bit more kind and on the subject than P&E What has been your favorite "troll" problem? I haven't been here long enough to see many, but I do find the ones that mirror last Sunday's Bridezilla episode to be quite entertaining. What color were/are your bridesmaid dresses? I don't know yet, but probably deep plum, with jade jewelry. They haven't picked them out yet, but due to teh age difference between my older and younger sister, I can't imagine forcing them to wear the same style. As long as they wear SOMETHING, and show up, the rest is gravy. Knottie on this board that always has the right answers: YOU! and StageManager14 and Retread
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Plus, I really like your shoes, stina!
  • Options
    haha, thanks Sarah. I always feel like I mess up my answers on here. I type exactly how I talk. A lot of the other regulars have written out their responses so many times that they are beautiful pieces of literature. Mine are always the same level as a note you passed in class with your friend.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    Well, some people who post on here are still passing notes with their friends, so they may actually be more open to that form of communciation. I tend to type like I speak as well. I think some of the longer-time members have answered the same questions over and over that they may just have a cut and paste set of FAQ. That's my theory anyway.
  • Options
    1)There's actual honesty behind the advice (Unlike the club/local boards where everybody oohs and aahs over even the fug-est of your details or worst of ideas instead of saying "Dude, you might regret that"), but it's usually being given with the best of intentions (Unlike P&E where you will be crucified if the regulars disagree with you). 2) I tend to find equal amusement among them all ... though, I think my fave to date was the girl with the "MOH survival kit" that went and posted us on Wedding Wire for "being so mean" (This may not have been an actual troll, but I was amused by the reaction). I seriously had altered my own advice to her 3 different times, each based on her re-wording of the question (every time she got annoyed we "weren't helping") before I finally realized that there wasn't an answer on the planet good enough for her ... then I lost my temper and got sarcastic. 3) They are eggplant (David's Bridal calls the color "lapis") ... its a really deep shade of purple, like the purple equivalent of navy blue (Since I've seen "eggplant" dresses that are really Barney purple) 4) Well most of the regulars give "right" advice all the time (Brooke, Stage, Retread, etc). I think Banana usually has the kindest way of putting it, though.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Why do you like this board? The issues here are really WR, and more often here than any other board, OPs have been known to come back and say something to the effect of "thanks for the reality check". What has been your favorite "troll" problem? Hard one as some have come and then were DD. I guess the most recent: Ashleysoontobewildman who ran three different threads about why HER reasons for kicking a friend out were different from everyone else's. Then she DD all 3 threads. What color were/are your bridesmaid dresses? Way back in the day: peach and pale yellow. Knottie on this board that always has the right answers: Stage, retread, kmm, and brooke, and certainly more that are currently out of mind....
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Oh! I can't believe that I forgot Banana. Great advice, and generally much kinder than the rest of us. Sorry Banana.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Yes banana rocks! And yes, she is the nicest about her answers.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    Why do you like this board? It's lower key than P&E (and less busy, so easier to keep up with), but still entertaining. What has been your favorite "troll" problem? I hope that most of the really crazy posters are trolls.  I like to reserve some hope for the future of humanity. What color were/are your bridesmaid dresses? Black with some sort of silver accent. Knottie on this board that always has the right answers: Pretty much all the regulars, actually.  It's not like P&E where there are a few people who are well known to be full of crap.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I always remember Banana because in the past few weeks with our (Heck, I think I count as a semi-regular at this point, lol) "bad rep" growing, I've made a conscious effort to model my advice after Banana's. Not so much as "What would Banana SAY?", but more "How would Banana say THIS?" Not sure if I've actually had success in the execution, but I've put forth the effort, gosh darn it!

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Oh my gosh~I'm hitting post way too soon. Also include another "The Office" buddy: Stina! Hooray for Thursday nights and the chance to see new episodes. Tonight should be great-"That's what she said."
  • Options
    I think I may have to occasionally make polls for this board. I enjoy reading everyone's responses and yes, this board is tighter than P&E.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    BTW trix: I have to admit that I don't LOVE Jim and Pam. I think all their love stuff is just so imperfect that you HAVE to love them. I see through that whole plot, NBC! I will NOT conform and LOVE your Jim and Pam thing. Don't get me wrong, I like watching them and their storyline, but I watch the show mainly for Dwight, Kevin, Kelly, and Andy! Oh and Angela! Okay, everyone except Jim and Pam.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    1. I have no idea. It gives me something to do at work? It's slower than P&E, and I know who everyone is. 2. I love the kicking out a BM threads. I know a girl that kicked out a BM IRL. She's been married for over a year and her sister is still ticked about it. I think about her every time. 3. Navy. 4. Most everyone seems to have the right answer on the common quesstions. I think Banana phrases it best. And I'm indebted to whomever invented the term "bean dip her."
  • Options
    1. In terms of functionality, I think how you treat your WP has the greatest potential to come back to haunt you after the wedding so I like that there's a board to try to stop people from doing just that. I also like the ladies here: honest and blunt (maybe too blunt sometimes, I know I can certainly be guilty of that) but the intention is always to help. 2. Mine goes back about a year: Lyssy. I would say she was a troll, but I also don't think you could make her up. 3. Coral. Very gorgeous color that looked great on all the BMs, who were all of very different races, complexions and skin tones. 4. Our wonderful mods know all.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Why do you like this board? I mostly lurk over here, but as a pp mentioned, I like how you can be honest (without being a jerk over here) about anything. For example...when on my local board or date board someone posts a pic of something like their dress or project their working on, I dont reply if I dont like it, which makes me feel guilty for some reason. But hey, even I like to give my aww posts sometimes.What has been your favorite "troll" problem? I can hardly ever tell who is a troll so I have no clue!What color were/are your bridesmaid dresses?  Blue, they are all different, to flatter the girls individually.Knottie on this board that always has the right answers: I havnt posted on this board yet I dont think? Although Stina did reply on a diff board to one of my posts and I appreciate the fact that you reply "like you talk". Because I am tired of posters giving me and others crap about the grammatical or spelling errors in my posts. This is not my college lit class, and I am typing fairly quickly...I apologize if I do not go through and proof read for you. (haha vent over)
  • Options
    Why do you like this board? -I mostly just lurk here too, but I also like how you guys can give an honest opinion and good advice without being mean about it (even though there are always those people that say you're being "hateful").What has been your favorite "troll" problem? -I'm not quite sure. There's been quite a few that I've seen, but I really did enjoy the most recent one that didn't want her fat FSIL who doesn't take care of herself to be a BM cause it would ruin her pictures that she's paying so much for.What color were/are your bridesmaid dresses? - BM's dresses are Lilac and MOH's dress is Victorian Lilac (from David's Bridal).Knottie on this board that always has the right answers: -I'd have to agree that most of the regulars on here have the best advice. Especially the ones that have been married and have had the experience. It's very helpful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Aw, Mrs Canes, you're from my club! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that "backs off" over there when I have a "not-so-positive" opinion on something (Though I also feel guilty if I don't say anything). But I've never once told a girl that I liked or agreed with something over there unless I meant it, so that counts for something. And Stina, I keep forgetting to say this, but you've given me advice on P&E in the past that was very "Banana-esque" for over there, so I've always liked you, too.

• Options
    1. Because the chicks are honest but decent at the same time, and because it's fun to hear people's crazy stories. 2. They honestly all kind of run together. I just love how stubborn and ridiculous some people are. 3. Truffle, with a champagne "cuff." 4. Me! (And Retread & Stage)
  • Options
    REALLY?!?! I was "banana-esque?!" On P&E, I feel like I have to be a little more careful with how I post because the girls on there are way quicker and have a bigger bite.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    Haha Meg, yes...guilty as charged. I just dont comment because I dont want to be fake ya know? Also...I remind myself that maybe I have posted something that someone didnt like and I wouldnt want them being fake to me about it.
  • Options
    Stina, at least you're not me. Every time I post there the whole discussion goes completely off-track because no matter what's in my sig, the whole discussion becomes a tangent about how much it sucks. I'm apparently more important there than I really should be. Or at least my sig is.
  • Options
    Larissa, I have never noticed that happening with threads you respond in. Maybe I should pay better attention.... BTW, your sig pic is a great halloween makeup shot!
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    OMG stage, that's ridiculous. Your use name is stage manager! You obviously LOVE theater. Does not mean that you treat everythign in your life like a production. People are so stupid sometimes. BTW, I need to know how to make wrinkles with make up for DH for halloween. Would you happen to know how? I should just google it, but thought I'd throw that out there.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    LOL! Thanks, Stina. I'm doing vampire again this year, but have some completely different (and better, now that I'm much better at face painting) ideas for my face. Can't wait to try 'em. Stage, that's hilarious. No connection made to the fact that it was an allusion to your profession?! Even with your username? Good grief, some people are just so jumping all over themselves to criticize that they forget any semblance of sense.
  • Options
    LOL stage I remember the WW people who jumped to that conclusion. I remember thinking "Hmm, her name is StageManager, so she probably works in the stage." Quite the leap, let me tell you!
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    1) I really like this board because the crazy trolls always show me what I SHOULDN'T do. I appreciate the honest and well thought out advice. Helll I don't even have a WP picked out yet, thanks to this board. I am waiting AT LEAST one more year before making final decisions.2) I think the best ones are the ones claiming "My situation is SOOO much different and you people have NO IDEA what you are talking about."3) No idea... I'm leaning toward black. Its neutral, looks good on nearly everyone, and it can be worn more than once. 4) Banana, Retread, Trix and Stina.
  • Options
    Stina, if he furrows and/or smiles, can he make wrinkles? You're trying to age him, I imagine, or make him look creepy? Or are you doing the Heath Ledger Joker face, by any chance? For realistic wrinkles, it's best if he can make them appear when he moves his face around. Get a dark foundation, darker than would be normal for him, have him make wrinkles - furrow his brow, scrunch his nose, smile for crow's feet, get the lines by his mouth, etc... and paint into them with the dark foundation. You can also drag them out a little farther than they naturally go. Then get a lighter foundation and have him scrunch again, using a sponge to pat it on, highlight the skin that's NOT in the valleys. This also blends the edges a bit to make it not quite look like you've just painted lines on his face. And if you're aging him, make the lighter foundation lighter than his normal skin; we pale a bit as we age. Mehron makes some great kits for this. If you want to do something like the joker, start with a white base, then use the same technique with black for the wrinkles. Then of course the red mouth & green hair. There's one in my body art blog, the Halloween post at the end of September.
  • Options
    Larissa and Stage- DH and myself are going to be the characters from Up! He is playing the old man with the walker and I am the fat boy scout!
    My Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards