Wedding Party

Does father of the bride get same suit as GM

Our wedding is fairly casual and informal.  The GM will probably wear a simple black tux, white shirt and colored tie.  Is my father supposed to wear something that will match with them?  What about FI dad?Thanks
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Does father of the bride get same suit as GM

• The dad's can wear whatever they want.  They aren't part of the bridal party.
  • If they want to coordinate they can - but let it be their choice what to wear.
  • Dad's get to pick what they wear. FI's dad told us he will be wearing a tux he already owns. My bio-dad (if he shows up) told me he will be wearing a suit that he already owns. My step-dad (Who is getting all of the FOB honors that day) actually asked me to pick a tux for him, because he felt more comfortable just letting me and my mom handle it, lol. I picked the same black tux that the GMs and FI are wearing, and just gave him a different vest/tie combo (FI will have white, the GMs are having lapis, my dad is getting pewter). I also made sure he liked it before I finalized it. When we went to Mens Wearhouse to pick out stuff for the GMs, we did make sure that the dads all knew we would have something held for them "if they wanted it". And that's when we figured out all of the above.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Thanks for the answers.  It definately helps.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We reserved the same tuxes for the dads as the GM and left it up to them whether they wanted to wear them. My dad wore it, my FIL wore a suit from home. That seemed to work out pretty well.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • they should wear whatever they are comfortable in.  ours is black tie, so everyone will be in tuxes. 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • They don't have to match the BP unless they want to.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Our dads are both wearing black suit with whatever shirts and ties they want. If they want to coordinate that's cool but there is no rule.
    Dx with PCOS at age 19. 29 now. 50mg Clomid-no response. 100mg Clomid-TI/BFN. 100mg Clomid-no response. 150 mg Clomid- no response. January 2013 consult with RE. 1500mg of Metformin. 5mg Femera CD 5-9-?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards