Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaid Dress Question...

When should we order the dresses? I know the check list say 3-5 months before the wedding, but I wanted to ask other brides what they thought. My mom says Dec is fine, my MOH says she won't order until July. July makes me a bit nervous, but Dec does seem a bit early.

Re: Bridesmaid Dress Question...

• Options
    I would call the place you are planning on ordering your dresses from and ask them what is the last possible date that you can order dresses. Tell your bm it's one-two weeks earlier than that and you should be fine. I say two-three months is good, so your MOH might want to order more at the end of June rather than July, but like I said, it depends on where you are getting your dresses from.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    Thank you, that's a REALLY good idea. I feel better with June than July.
  • Options
    There must be a happy medium between the two.  As PP said, find out when the dress shop has their 'must' order by date.And make sure that you get the MOH's budget before you decide on a dress. 
  • Options
    I second (or third) PP's about checking with the shop first.  You might also want to talk to your MOH to find out her reasons for wanting to order at that time....is she concerned about the cost of the dress?  Does her weight fluctuate a lot and she's concerned about buying it and then needing lots of alterations?  Or why?
  • Options
    I wouldn't give much credence to checklists you see on TK or wedding magazines. They include lots of things on there that you don't need. That's just a comment in general. December is definitely early. I think from the 6 month mark onward is a good rule of thumb. That's about when I've always bought dresses as a BM and when my BMs bought theirs. Most shops will deliver in less than 2 months, and you can find out what the "drop dead" date is for ordering in time to get the dress for the wedding--July might be fine.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    My wedding is in August 2010 & the shop said to have them order by February 2010. I am kinda in the boat "earlier is better" mainly b/c I have heard horror stories of dresses coming in the wrong size, later than expected, etc. However, if you trust your shop, they usually will give you a good est. about how long it takes. My BM dress designer has a good reputation & quick service, so I am not too concerned (a family friend owns the bridal shop too).
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards