Wedding Party
Options

Tux vs. Suit for morning ceremony

Our wedding ceremony is  on a Saturday at 11:00am in a chapel, reception runs from 11:30am - 5:00pm (also indoors).Wedding is late May in CT where it's like an avg of 60 - 65 degrees that time of year.We're not doing a casual wedding, per se - it's semi-formal with bridesmaids in satin, floor length strapless gowns. I'm wondering what to do about the guys, though...would tuxes be too formal for an afternoon event?? FI is pretty much expecting to wear a tux but now that I think about this...would it look overly formal since we're not having a nighttime reception, etc? Or would they be just fine in tuxes and this is a case of overthinking attire where nobody will really notice / care / analyze this as me. :-)
The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013

Re: Tux vs. Suit for morning ceremony

• Options
    I am having a Saturday early day wedding as well. 12-5:30 in Feb. All the guys are wearing tuxes & the girls are wearing floor length gowns. My opinion is, it's your wedding... do what you want. I never knew how many "rules" there were until I joined the knot. LOL Good Luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The traditional semi-formal daytime outfit in the U.S. would be the stroller: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroller_%28style%29 which is kinda like a 3-piece suit, but the jacket is plain and the pants are striped or checked. It's equivalent in formality to a tux. Probably not many people will notice or care if they're in tuxes instead, but in case you want to know what's traditional, it's that.
  • Options
    Interesting, thanks.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    A suit or morning coat ware suitable at that time, not a tux.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards