Wedding Party
Options

*Brooke*

I decided to stop threadjacking the jewelry post, haha.Depending on how much you're willing to spend, there's a ton to do in Vegas, it just comes down to your interests.  Definitely check out the half-price ticket booths; we went to the one across from the construction just south of Circus, Circus, and I think there's another one in the big food court across from NY, NY.  Smartervegas.com also usually has good deals on tickets and passes and such.Definitely try to hit up a Cirque show while you're there.  The only one I've seen is KA, which was mind-blowing.  (I've only heard bad things about the Criss Angel show, and if she wants non-sleazy things, you should probably avoid Zumanity, which has nudity.  Any other show is a pretty safe bet.)  I've also heard great things about LOVE, the Beatles themed show at Mirage.  The great thing about LOVE is that the cheap seats are apparently the best in the house.If you like to shop, you'll be in heaven.  The Forum shops at Caesar's, the canal shops at the Venetian, Fashion Show Mall, the Miracle Mile shops at Planet Hollywood, all good.  There's also a giant Sephora outside the Venetian if you're into that, and for less upscale shops, there's a really nice mall connecting Luxor and Mandalay Bay.There are a lot of free nighttime shows in the central part of the Strip that you should check out: the fountains at Bellagio, Sirens at TI, and the volcano at the Mirage are all great.  The conservatory at Bellagio and the lion exhibit at MGM Grand are also neat, and free.  (There's a zoo at Flamingo, not sure if they charge admission.)I've become a little Vegas obsessed since we moved the wedding there, I'll admit.  I spent a lot of time reading the insanely detailed reviews at oyster.com to familiarize myself with what's available.Have fun in Vegas!  There's a ton to do there, I'm sure your mom will love it.
This is a neglected planning bio.
This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284

Re: *Brooke*

• Options
    I know this was originally for Brooke, but I just wanted to thank you aerinpegadrak for all this great information on Vegas.  My FI and I are going there for our Honeymoon and since neither of us have gone before we have been looking for great things to do (both free and non-free LOL)!  Outside of getting re-married by Elvis (a slight obsession of mine) we haven't made many plans and your post has certianly given me some great ideas!Thank you again!!
  • Options
    Thank you! I've only been once in college and my mom will definitely not want to do the same sort of things my college friends and I did when I was 21! Cirque de Soleil and the fountains/conservatory at Bellagio were definitely on my list. But I love the ideas. Thanks again!
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    No problem!  I've only been twice (seriously need to make another scouting trip), but smartervegas.com and oyster.com are my two best resources.  I've also heard good things about the vegas.com website, but I haven't used it.  We're also honeymooning in Vegas, so I've been doing a ton of research.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Iwent 2 years ago and we got to stay at the bellagio, on the 15th floor with a view of the fountains. It was outstanding. We saw Zumanity (nudity alert), O, and LOVE, and loved them all. There was also the Human Bodies, or whatever its called, exhibit going on, the one where they disec and then freeze dry people so you can see what all the inside parts really look like. I know it sounds gross, but it was really neat. Most of the day we just walked around and looked at the other hotels. We were there the week before Christmas so everything was all decorated, and NOT crowded at all. We got some really good deals that week.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Oh, almost forgot: bring comfy shoes.  I don't just mean flats, I mean like sneakers.  Everything seems deceptively close together, but it's a TON of walking.  The first time we went, my feet were literally bleeding by the time we got all the way down to Mandalay Bay.  The monorail is a pretty decent way to get around depending on where you're staying, as is the Deuce bus that runs along the strip.  Cabs aren't too terribly expensive; from Wynn to Stratosphere was about $11.

• Options
    Oh yes, learned that one on the last trip.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards