Wedding Party
Options

announcing wedding party

I'm not sure I want to announce the wedding party at the reception, others told me that its tradition and I have to. We are doing pictures before the wedding so me and my fiance as well as the wedding party will be attending the cocktail hour so I feel like it would be pointless to then announce them at the reception. Do I need to follow tradition?

Re: announcing wedding party

• Options
    Do what you want. We also did photos pre-ceremony and attended the cocktail hour, and did the announcements anyway. But many couples choose not to announce the wedding party, and that's totally fine. Whatever makes you happy.
  • Options
    We did this, but honestly, it sucked. The band leader messed up everyone's names and on top of that my BIL decided to just walk in, so all the gm were mis-named. Katie=KathyBM Dan= BenBen= BM Danetc...I don't think they're mandatory and we had already arrived at the cocktail party. We hung out in the bar area while the guests were seated. So we actually got to mingle with people for about 10 minutes before entereing.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    Do whatever you want.  98% of people won't even notice. 
  • Options
    You don't "have" to do anything you don't want to ... as long as you seat and feed your guests, you're all set. Seriously. What would happen if you didn't announce the wedding party? Would people walk out of your reception in disgust?
  • Options
    Just because something is traditional, doesn't mean you're required to do it.  That goes for ANYTHING wedding related.  There are very few actual requirements involved in a wedding.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I've always seen them but they're not a 'must' do.  They're just fun.  FWIW, we mingled at our cocktail hour and then we were introduced.  It was also a great way to get the guests into their seats for the meal portion of the evening.
  • Options
    Of course you don't have to have them announced if you don't want to.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    We are taking pictures in between the ceremony and reception, then our limo is taking us all to the hall. I plan on having allof us mingle and enjoy cocktail hour, then at 7:00pm we will have everyone take a seat for dinner while we make our grand entrance with the wedding party. I think it is just a really fun way to start off the night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've been to a reception where the whole weding party was announced. I was really bored and hungry. I prefer it when just the bride and groom are announced.
  • Options
    Ideally, you'll be well-fed by the time the intros happen.If you do opt for them, they should take no more than a minute and a half. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards