Wedding Party
Options

Unexcited MOH

I really wanted my bridesmaids to know why I was so excited to ask them to be a part of the Wedding Party and I wanted to personalize the proposal to them, so I decided to write them all letters on some nice stationary. In each of the letters, I wrote why I loved having them as a friend and why I would love for them to be a part of the Party if they'd like to be. 

My sister currently lives in Texas (I live in Seattle) and when she got her letter, she called me right away and was ecstatic about being a part of the party (even though it was obvious she would be). My two other bridesmaids either sent me texts with a million exclamation marks saying things like "YES! Yes, a million times yes!" or left me a voicemail saying how incedibly excited and honored they were to be a part of it.

My MOH, on the other hand, didn't even respond at all. I had to text her with some small talk and after small talking for a little while, I had to ask her if she even got the letter. She replied saying something along the lines of, "oh, yeah, I'll do it"...... So far (it's been a couple months since I sent them/recieved replies), she hasn't spoken to me about anything wedding related (whereas, my other bridesmaids have been all over the planning and such, which has been amazing) and I'm at the point where I'm wondering if I'll even have a bachelorette/bridal party and/or if I can even rely on my MOH to help at all :(

I know I don't want to 'remove' her from the party and who knows--maybe she didn't want to be the MOH in the first place, but didn't know how to turn it down... But I'd really like to know if anyone's gone through this and/or if anyone has any words of encouragement... She's been my best friend through college and I recently moved a couple hours away, so we haven't been as close as we used to be, but I still thought she'd be excited to be my honored girl.... 

Anyone have any pick-me-up words of wisdom? I need some encouragement :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards