Wedding Party

flower girl dress

So, I asked my FSIL's 4yo to be our flower girl. My FSIL is a BM, so it made sense to ask her, plus I wanted to. But, I didn't ask her until I saw them in person in early April (we live in different states). I asked my FSIL to be a BM a few months earlier. Anyway... when we were visiting, my FMIL told me she had already purchased a dress for her to wear (since they didn't think she was in the wedding). She asked me if it was ok for her to wear it as the flower girl. Our BMs are wearing a very pale pink. The dress is a darker pink. It shouldn't contrast, and it's the same material, so I said it was fine. But I really don't think it's fine! For some reason it's really bothering me. I have been really laid back about many things and for whatever reason, I keep thinking how I really don't want her wearing that dress. Our wedding is June 25th... so it's not like I have much time to find a replacement. And I am ok paying for it... but ugh. Is it ok to ask if she can wear something else? Something more traditional flowergirl-ish?? This dress is above the knee and is layered chiffon all the way down... and has a scoop neck halter top. And it's Guess... with the Guess logo right on the collar.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: flower girl dress

• I personally don't see why she can't wear the dress she has, but if it bothers you that much, then just find something else, pay for it yourself, and tell the mother that you prefer she wear the dress you chose.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards