Wedding Party
Options

Gifts for the maids

I'm starting to gather some ideas for the bridal party gifts, but I keep seeing the same old things. I know for sure I'm going to be getting each of my 5 vases with their initials on them. We are doing fake flowers so I wanted them to have something to keep them in. That is as far as I have gotten. I want to do something fun and creative, but also budget friendly. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Re: Gifts for the maids

• Options
    Spa Basket: a basket with slippers, eye mask, shower gel, punice stones, bath crystals, even shampoo

Espresso Basket: a basket with a spoon, cookies, 2 types of starbucks bags, coffe mug

Bath & Body works has a voice recordable picture frame with a body lotion tied to it.

Exclusively weddings has great gifts under $25: http://www.exclusivelyweddings.com/Weddings/Wedding-Party-Gifts
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2010
    Please refer to the FAQ sticky at the top.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I'm sure there is something about this in the sticky posts at the top of the board, but general consensus is that you should shop like its their birthday. If you have no money, a heartfelt handwritten thank you note is probably sufficient, as that usually means more to people than a wedding-themed gift.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Try giving them something specific to what they like. It's like shopping for christmas presents. Bath and Body lotions can be tricky. Some of the scents irritate my nose and make me break out.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Since the sticky doesn't say this (though it probably should), I'll add that they don't each have to get the same thing, and something for them to use in relation to your wedding (jewelry, mani/pedi, etc.) isn't a gift for them, it's a wedding expense for you.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I would never keep fake flowers in a vase from a wedding but if you really think they'd like this kind of thing go for it.

But, I would also add to your gift by getting them something individual to their personalities and likes that is completely unrelated to your wedding.  Shop for them like you shop for their birthdays.
  • Options
    Also, check eBay.  The books I got my girls retail for about $80 and up, I found them for $25-35 each by patient auction stalking.

• Options
    Avoid putting their names/initials on their gift.  Unless they are 7, there are far better options.  Listen to the wise women above who have advised you to shop like it's their birthday. These are, presumably, your closest friends so you should know their likes and dislikes.  Find something which each of them will enjoy, rather than something which is easily engraveable and available in bulk.  They will appreciate it far more if it is evident that you cared enough to think about them when purchasing a gift for them.   
  • Options

Don't do little things...  little things add up $$$$.  Get one thing for each of them that they will always have and can be used.  For my bridesmaids, I got them each a piece of jewelry from Swaroski.  One received a bracelet, another a necklace, etc.  I got what I thought they would like.  It cost a lot less than creating a theme basket.  They loved them.  Also, I would drop the vase idea.

For the groomsmen, my friend just got his groomsmen SportRobes.  He put their last names and favorite number on their favorite team bathrobes.  It was a BIG hit at the rehersal dinner.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_gifts-maids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:1ca6120e-a128-4080-97e2-be5656103171Post:9d601426-4f01-4061-b713-318ac02b3127">Re: Gifts for the maids</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would never keep fake flowers in a vase from a wedding but if you really think they'd like this kind of thing go for it. But, I would also add to your gift by getting them something individual to their personalities and likes that is completely unrelated to your wedding.  Shop for them like you shop for their birthdays.
    Posted by duckie1905[/QUOTE]

I was a BM in a wedding in 2008 & still have my flowers on my dresser. They are GREAT!

My BMs are carrying fake flowers. I don't care what they do with them afterwards. But I did get vases & decorated them so they could sit up at the reception at our table.

Got the vases @ $1 store. IMHO, they look the same as any other vase in the world :-P. If the BMs keep them, cool. If not, that's cool too.
  • Options

It is so hard to find unique gifts for the girls.  I think the flowers are sweet, but what else? Jewelry - uh. Anything else?

I showed my fiancee the sportrobe website... he loved it and is now ordering them.  Thanks for that idea.

PS:  My man loved it so much I am ordering him a robe too!  Go Yankees!!! Wedding gift done.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards