Wedding Party
Options

Gifts for Readers?

I'm going to have six of my close friends (I already have four BM's) stand up where they are during the ceremony and read one line from a poem each. (They'll read right after each other and the whole thing will flow). I don't want to have to buy all of them gifts, but if they're considered part of the ceremony do I have to?

Re: Gifts for Readers?

• Options
    I would.

Maybe a small gift card, a book or DVD or CD you know they'd like, a box of chocolates, a little package of stationery, a piece of jewelry, etc. Stores like Target and Marshall's are great for small gifts like this. They don't all need to get the exact same thing.

We had three readers and two gift bearers (the people bringing up Communion) and we got them each a $25 gift card to a place they like - Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Barnes and Noble, Target. Four of them came to the rehearsal so they also got to eat dinner with us.
  • Options
    I would definitely buy them something. It can be smaller than the BP member gifts, but you should definitely get them something for their time and effort. 
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    Ditto PPs.  You're asking them to do something in the wedding.  You should buy them something for their effort.

AND you need to invite them to the RD w/ their SOs as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards