Wedding Party

No BM's/GM's?

Do you guys think it would be weird to not have any bridesmaids or groomsmen? I've been to one wedding where they didn't have any but I do remember that two people did walk down the aisle before the bride (I think a brother and sister maybe) but they just sat down in the front row. Didn't stand up there with the bride and groom.

I've been thinking that we just want to keep it simple, and maybe just have our close family and friends sit at the head table with us. I did already ask my best friend to be my MOH, but I know she would be understanding if I told her I decided not to have bridesmaids. What do you guys think? Would it be weird?
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: No BM's/GM's?

• Personally, I think it would be weird. Plus, no matter how understanding she might be, she'll probably be hurt if you un-ask her. I think for your situation the best bet would be to have your FI ask someone to be his BM and then just have only the two of them.
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bmsgms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:2b727c4e-39a3-40b2-93b3-536c4d7904a0Post:fdcdd5f4-9435-4c96-bc63-5e50f5cdce09">No BM's/GM's?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you guys think it would be weird to not have any bridesmaids or groomsmen? I've been to one wedding where they didn't have any but I do remember that two people did walk down the aisle before the bride (I think a brother and sister maybe) but they just sat down in the front row. Didn't stand up there with the bride and groom. I've been thinking that we just want to keep it simple, and maybe just have our close family and friends sit at the head table with us.<strong> I did already ask my best friend to be my MOH, but I know she would be understanding if I told her I decided not to have bridesmaids.</strong> What do you guys think? Would it be weird?
    Posted by pitbullmommy315[/QUOTE]

If my best friend asked me to be her MOH and then later decided not to have a WP at all, I would be dissapointed/hurt by this.  Not a friendship ending kind of feeling, but still a little bummed.  It's exciting to be asked to be someone's MOH and stand up there with them.

You can still keep it simple by having only your MOH and a BM. 

ETA:  and for the record I don't think it's weird to NOT have a WP at all, but when you have already asked someone, it changes the scheme of things.

• Keep your MOH since you already asked her.
  • You should keep your one person. I think not having anyone else would be fine. Sometimes the bigger they get a more headache situations can be.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not having one at all would have been fine, but I'd be hesitant to unask your friend.  Having just a MOH and/or best man is fine, and still keeps things pretty simple.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards