Wedding Party

Lots of Kids

Ok, so we are having a lot of kids participating in our wedding (he has 4 nieces and 8 nephews).  We aren't using all of them in the ceremony, but want them to all feel special with a part in the wedding.  I need help to know if I need to buy each of them a gift or just the flower girl and ring bearer...and what do you buy the boys anyways?

Re: Lots of Kids

• Just get the ones in the wedding party a gift and be sure to take lots of pictures with the rest.  How old is the boy?
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • We are getting our RB a video game for his DS.
  • How old are all of these kids?

Just get the ones in the wedding party presents.  I understand wanting to make them all feel special but I think that doing so will just magnify the already "we are special so we can do anything we want" attitude that is very apparent in the younger kids today.  Kids need to learn that things aren't always about them and that they can't always be involved in everything.

• edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_lots-of-kids-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:331c39dd-68db-417d-928f-3e73206e8384Post:e1cdef56-dec2-4fd7-b75c-230eb2ae7fde">Lots of Kids</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, so we are having a lot of kids participating in our wedding (he has 4 nieces and 8 nephews). <strong> We aren't using all of them in the ceremony, but want them to all feel special with a part in the wedding</strong>.  I need help to know if I need to buy each of them a gift or just the flower girl and ring bearer...and what do you buy the boys anyways?
    Posted by haleykag[/QUOTE]

<div>Does the bolded mean that some of them are handing out programs or minding the guestbook? If so, please don't. Those are crappy consolation prizes and even kids can figure that out.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_lots-of-kids-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:331c39dd-68db-417d-928f-3e73206e8384Post:7804caad-a6b0-49c2-b8e9-09563a4570c5">Re: Lots of Kids</a>:
    [QUOTE]How old are all of these kids? Just get the ones in the wedding party presents.  I understand wanting to make them all feel special but I think that doing so will just magnify the already <strong>"we are special so we can do anything we want" attitude</strong> that is very apparent in the younger kids today.  Kids need to learn that things aren't always about them and that they can't always be involved in everything.
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

I totally agree!  Between FI & I, we have 9 neices and nephews.  We chose to have the oldest 2 on his side be the FG & RB.  I'm getting them small gifts right now, but I refuse to get everyone a gift, although I'm sure my FMIL would say I should do differently.  Recently at FG's bday, she had gotten all of the other 3 kids had little gift bags of goodies.  I don't think that sends the right message.  Get the ones that are actually in the party a gift, and don't make a spectacle of it when you give it to them at the RD.

• "Everyone doesn't get a trophy" - My favorite saying.
  • We have a lot of kids attending our wedding too, 4 are standing, 1 is singing for us.  They will get thank you gifts.  The other nieces and nephews aren't, they are guests. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards