Wedding Party
Options

The MOH is MIA!

I am a bridesmaid in a good friend's wedding. There are five of us including the MOH, which is the bride's sister. 
Long story short ... 
My friend was having some issues with another bridesmaid which culminated in a big blowup because my friend ultimately asked this bridesmaid if she even wanted to be in the wedding party still because of said problems. Now they aren't talking.
The MOH is good friends with this bridemaid and is taking the side against her sister. Now the MOH and bride aren't talking either.
The bride and MOH's MOTHER has also taken the side against the bride. My friend was already at odds with her mom over budget issues (her parents said they would give X amount, the bride and groom started making plans/reserving vendors with that amount in mind, and now her parents don't want to give that much ...)

I have no desire whatsoever to get in the middle of this drama, and probably couldn't help even if I did. I am here to support my friend for her wedding, not solve family problems. I listen when she needs to vent and offer whatever encouragement I can.

My problem, and therefore the point of this, is that the MOH (and a bridesmaid and mom) seem to be checking out over this whole affair and my friend is left even more stressed. Regardless of who could have said what better or been more mature, my friend's wedding is still approaching. The MOH had been half-heartedly thinking about a girl's gathering for my friend instead of a bachelorette (that my friend didn't want) but that seems to have come to a halt. 
I want my friend to have some kind of gathering with the girls. I have no problem taking charge to come up with something, but I don't know if that is a big etiquette no-no. 
If I step in and the MOH takes offense and hates me for it, I don't frankly care. My personal opinion is that she's being a brat, and I can live with her not liking me. But the last thing I want to do is create more stress for the bride.

HELP!! 
What are your thoughts??

Re: The MOH is MIA!

• Options
    Anyone can throw the bride a party so go ahead, it wouldn't be stepping on anyones toes.  But I agree w/ PP's, stay out of the drama, and don't involve yourself in anyway.
  • Options
    Honestly, by the way you described it, the bride sort of deserves everything that has happened.  Her stress is her own fault.  You don't kick out BMs and then assume that there won't be repercussions.

With that said, feel free to throw her any type of party you want. 
  • Options

I have the same problem. My older sister which was my MOH, actually dropped out. She said i expected to much out of her, but yet i didnt expect anything out of her. She wasnt even going to buy her dress. Well I havent talked to my sister since. I've recently replaced her. But know she is saying her daughters arent going to be the flower girls either. What should I do?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards