Wedding Party
Options

WPBP of the day

Favorite disney movie:

Who's your favorite disney villain?

Have you ever been to a Disney theme park? Which ones?

Your favorite ride (if you've never been to a disney park, which ride would you LIKE to go on)

A food you must get whenever you go to a Disney Park:
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• Options
    Favorite disney movie: Growing up it was Little Mermaid, but lately, I've been loving anything Disney/Pixar.

Who's your favorite disney villain? Malificent! OMG, she's super evil. Although, I do like Hades because he's voiced by James Woods.

Have you ever been to a Disney theme park? Which ones? I've been to Disneyland, California Adventure, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, and Blizzard Beach.

Your favorite ride (if you've never been to a disney park, which ride would you LIKE to go on)This is tough because I grew up going to Dland once a year. I love Peter Pan in fantasy land and the Haunted Mansion. 

A food you must get whenever you go to a Disney Park: Dole Whips at the Tiki Room. OMG!

My Planning Bio
  • Options
    Favorite disney movie: Enchanted. Hands down.

Who's your favorite disney villain? The water witch in The Little Mermaid.

Have you ever been to a Disney theme park? Which ones? Yes, all the one's in Florida.

Your favorite ride (if you've never been to a disney park, which ride would you LIKE to go on) I haven't been in over 10 years, so I'm going to say "Tower of Terror".

A food you must get whenever you go to a Disney Park: I don't remember any of the food.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Favorite disney movie:  Little Mermaid

Who's your favorite disney villain? Gaston

Have you ever been to a Disney theme park? Which ones? yes, MGM, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Epcot in Florida

Your favorite ride (if you've never been to a disney park, which ride would you LIKE to go on) Tower of Terror.  I also loved Alien Encounter, but I'm told it's not there anymore

A food you must get whenever you go to a Disney Park: I always got the mickey Mouse shaped ice cream.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-232?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:37d7fedd-60c1-4230-a328-0f549d7c9fe2Post:e4813594-c9a4-4671-b914-d7828ea7a2f9">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Favorite disney movie: <strong>Oliver and Company.</strong> Who's your favorite disney villain? <strong>The siamese cats in Lady and the Tramp</strong> Have you ever been to a Disney theme park? Which ones? Nope. Your favorite ride (if you've never been to a disney park, which ride would you LIKE to go on) Pirates of the Carribean, maybe?  Not much of a "ride" person, so hard to answer this one. A food you must get whenever you go to a Disney Park: No clue.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow, these answers are not the normal responses. Good for you...I DO love me some Lady and the Tramp though. It always makes me cry!</div>
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    jaimed99jaimed99 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    Favorite disney movie: Robin Hood and Sleeping Beauty...it's a tie :) although Ratatouille has definitely come a close second...(ETA: I also LOVE Oliver and Company, mainly because Billy Joel is in it! :))
    Who's your favorite disney villain? I'm gonna have to go with Maleficent as well...
    Have you ever been to a Disney theme park? Which ones? I've been to DisneyWorld a few times...last time was when I was a junior in high school and we went to Magic Kingdom, Epcot and MGM Studios, as well as Blizzard Beach (but I wasn't in a position to ride water slides that day...so I wound up the only person who didn't get totally fried!)
    Your favorite ride (if you've never been to a disney park, which ride would you LIKE to go on) The Haunted Mansion is my absolute FAVORITE Disney ride (and Jenn...my friends and I went on the Alien Encounter...I was scared sh!tless and my friend and I were holding hands the whole time because we were so freaked out...lol)
    A food you must get whenever you go to a Disney Park: Mickey Ice Cream Bars, of course! :)
  • Options
    Favorite disney movie:
    Peter Pan, Beauty & the Beast

Lucifer (cat from Cinderella), Jafar, Hook

Yes, all of them. And I'm going back in January!
    Your favorite ride (if you've never been to a disney park, which ride would you LIKE to go on)
    I haven't been in years, but Peter Pan and Pirates. I used to love Mr. Toad's Wild Ride but it's closed down.

I don't know, I don't remember what all they have.
  • Options
    OMG Seshat, Lucifer IS a really funny character. His whole teacups routine is classic!
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    stina, every time I think of that cat I get the urge to watch Cinderella. I just might have to follow up B&TB tonight with Cinderella.
  • Options
    Favorite disney movie: Alice in Wonderland (the old cartoon version, not the new one. Consequently, I tend to garden and sing "Golden Afternoon" while doing so.) or The Aristocats. The next cat I own is totally going to be named Abraham Delacy Giuseppe Casey Thomas O'Malley the Alley Cat. 

Prince John from Robin Hood. Mommy!

Have you ever been to a Disney theme park? Which ones? I've been to the many parts of Disney World twice. It was a blast each time.

Your favorite ride (if you've never been to a disney park, which ride would you LIKE to go on): I loved the Tower of Terror. Like, ride again and again and again love. I'm also crazy about the all of the 3-D (or I guess they call the 4-D) shows, especially the Muppets in 4-D, but I don't know if those count as rides. I also dig the Tiki Room, mainly because all the birds sing words and the flowers croon...in the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room. Now that song is going to be in my head all day.

A food you must get whenever you go to a Disney Park: Hmm, I don't think I have one, but I do love all of their theme restaurants inside the park. I can't remember what it's called, but my favorite place to eat is a restaurant where all the seats are cars in a drive in and you watch clips of old sci-fi movies while you eat.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Favorite disney movie:
    When I was little, it was Lady and the Tramp.  Now it's Cinderella.

I'm going to have to ditto Stage and say the Siamese cats from Lady and the Tramp.  "We are Siamese if you please.  We are Siamese if you don't please."

No

Your favorite ride (if you've never been to a Disney park, which ride would you LIKE to go on)
    I know next to nothing about Disney parks so I can't even say which ride I'd want to go on.

NA
  • Options
    Favorite disney movie:Cinderella
    Who's your favorite disney villain?The evil witch from Sleeping Beauty
    Have you ever been to a Disney theme park? Which ones?All the ones in FL and Disneyland and California Adventure in CA.
    Your favorite ride (if you've never been to a disney park, which ride would you LIKE to go on)Space Mountain
    A food you must get whenever you go to a Disney Park:The breakfast buffet when you dine with the characters.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    lilianne22lilianne22 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    Favorite disney movie: When I was little it was the Little Mermaid.  If we aren't counting Pixar (If we are are then I'd choose Ratatouille, then Up) then I'd say Beauty and the Beast.

Who's your favorite disney villain?  Ursula

Have you ever been to a Disney theme park? Yes Which ones?  Disneyland in LA

Your favorite ride (if you've never been to a disney park, which ride would you LIKE to go on).  Thunder Mountain Railroad

A food you must get whenever you go to a Disney Park:  I only went once when I was about 10 so I don't remember the food.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-232?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:37d7fedd-60c1-4230-a328-0f549d7c9fe2Post:baade7c7-e8a7-4dc5-84c6-a19c0f37deed">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE] <strong>I can't remember what it's called, but my favorite place to eat is a restaurant where all the seats are cars in a drive in and you watch clips of old sci-fi movies while you eat.</strong>
    Posted by Licia&Wayne[/QUOTE]<div>Oh, I've eaten there. It's the sci fi drive in. That one is fun. </div><div>
    </div><div>I am sad that frogurt has never been to a Disney park. 

</div><div>And now I might have to watch Cinderella tonight. That tea cup sequence is hilarious!</div>
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    And for anyone who needs a laugh.

My Planning Bio
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-232?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:37d7fedd-60c1-4230-a328-0f549d7c9fe2Post:4ea8cfc8-7736-4928-9cd7-ee46a006503c">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WPBP of the day : Oh, I've eaten there. It's the sci fi drive in. That one is fun.  I am sad that frogurt has never been to a Disney park.  And now I might have to watch Cinderella tonight. That tea cup sequence is hilarious!
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a pretty self-explanatory name. You would think I would remember that. My brain's a loser today.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Favorite disney movie: The Little Mermaid, the Beauty and the Beast, and the Princess and the Frog. I can't choose just one.

Who's your favorite disney villain? Dr. Facilier and Jafar.

Have you ever been to a Disney theme park? Which ones? Disney World. It was awesome.

Your favorite ride (if you've never been to a disney park, which ride would you LIKE to go on) Space Mountain was cool. I was more about the culture stuff at Epcot's World Showcase then about the rides.

A food you must get whenever you go to a Disney Park: There's an African themed restaurant in the Animal Kingdom. I forget what it's called, but it's soooo good.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-232?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:37d7fedd-60c1-4230-a328-0f549d7c9fe2Post:4ea8cfc8-7736-4928-9cd7-ee46a006503c">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WPBP of the day : Oh, I've eaten there. It's the sci fi drive in. That one is fun.  I am sad that frogurt has never been to a Disney park.  And now I might have to watch Cinderella tonight. That tea cup sequence is hilarious!
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]
    Well, my parents got divorced when my brother and I were little, and my mom raised us as a single parent.  We didn't have a lot of money so the only vacation we ever went on was to Six Flags for the day.  H doesn't have any desire now to go to any Disney parks so maybe someday after we have kids and they are old enough to enjoy it we will go. :)
  • Options
    Favorite disney movie: Aladdin

Who's your favorite disney villain? Jafar

Have you ever been to a Disney theme park? Which ones? Nope, but I really would like to go to the HP park (hell, I dunno that may not even be Disney)

A food you must get whenever you go to a Disney Park: haven't a clue
  • Options
    Favorite disney movie:  Beauty and the Beast.  I AM Belle.  Favorite Pixar film is a tie between WALL-E and A Bug's Life.

Who's your favorite disney villain?  Ratigan

Have you ever been to a Disney theme park? Which ones?  Umm, hi?  For newbs, I worked at both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure.  I've visited each of the four parks in WDW once; we were planning to go in January, but we probably can't afford it because of the move.

Your favorite ride (if you've never been to a disney park, which ride would you LIKE to go on)  Favorite rides in general are Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain (DL version only on both, the MK versions were just sad).  Favorite ride to work was probably Toy Story Midway Mania.  (Favorite attraction to work was the Tiki Room, hands down.)

A food you must get whenever you go to a Disney Park:  There aren't really any "musts" because we often go in for only an hour or two at a time and then usually with a very specific goal, but my two favorites are the Monte Cristo from Cafe Orleans, and the Countdown Chicken Fusilli from Pizza Port.  (I believe they serve it at Pizza Oom Mow Mow in DCA as well, but under a different name.)

Man, this post makes me a little sad.  My AP expires on Saturday, and I'm not going to be renewing.  It's the end of an era...
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-232?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:37d7fedd-60c1-4230-a328-0f549d7c9fe2Post:c8e9096a-7f78-4faf-86d0-9a498f9143d6">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you ever been to a Disney theme park? Which ones? Yes, all of them. And I'm going back in January!
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    You've been to all 11?  I'm jealous, it's on my bucket list to visit them all someday.  Especially the two in Tokyo, which are apparently breathtaking.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-232?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:37d7fedd-60c1-4230-a328-0f549d7c9fe2Post:c069fcbb-c96a-43d0-980d-a417ccbb34d7">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you ever been to a Disney theme park? Which ones? Nope, but I really would like to go to the HP park (hell, I dunno that may not even be Disney) 
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

<div>The HP park is in Universal Studios...my friends went there and said it was awesome...I was so jealous!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-232?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:37d7fedd-60c1-4230-a328-0f549d7c9fe2Post:deb01243-a512-4730-a795-b3c2522c88ce">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WPBP of the day : You've been to all 11?  I'm jealous, it's on my bucket list to visit them all someday.  Especially the two in Tokyo, which are apparently breathtaking.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

Oh, no, sorry. I was stuck in my Florida mindset. I've been to all the parks in Orlando. I'm in the middle of planning our January trip there and was thinking about that, not the other ones.

Yeah, I would love to go to the Tokyo Disneys. I've heard the CA one isn't all that great though.
  • Options
    Favorite disney movie:  I don't know if I could pick, but the one I think I remember watching the most as a kid was "The Many Adventures Winnie The Pooh". That being said, I've been watching a lot of "Beauty and The Beast" lately (It is apparently Sophia's favorite movie, so whenever I'm at my parents' house, it's pretty much the only thing on),

Who's your favorite disney villain? Maleficent ... she scared the living daylights out of me when I was younger.

I have done literally everything Florida has to offer: Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios (Which I still call "MGM" after all these years), Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, River Country (Before it was shut down) and Disney Quest. I would absolutely love to see all of the other parks in the world. Someday, I hope.

Your favorite ride (if you've never been to a disney park, which ride would you LIKE to go on): This is so nerdy, but I absolutely love the Carousel of Progress in Magic Kingdom ... I don't even know why I love it so much, but if it's open, I have to go on it.
    A food you must get whenever you go to a Disney Park: Depends on the park, lol. But my big favorite is the "mini doughnuts" they serve in Typhoon Lagoon ... sooooooo yummy.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-232?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:37d7fedd-60c1-4230-a328-0f549d7c9fe2Post:46500fe8-dd6c-4893-bb25-2c85a1de5a27">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WPBP of the day : Oh, no, sorry. I was stuck in my Florida mindset. I've been to all the parks in Orlando. I'm in the middle of planning our January trip there and was thinking about that, not the other ones. Yeah, I would love to go to the Tokyo Disneys. I've heard the CA one isn't all that great though.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    It went downhill in the '90s due to lack of maintenance, but it's gotten a lot better, and they're getting more active about creating cool promotions.  (There's some sort of Tron thing going on right now that I haven't been able to get details on, but desperately want to see.  The DCA makeover is also proceeding very nicely; TSMM is a fantastic attraction, World of Color is a hit, and they're not skimping out on the funding this time like they did when the park was built.

I've observed a lot of East Coast/West Coast snobbery in my time; generally if you grew up with one of the American resorts, you're not going to like the other one.  I was massively underwhelmed by most of WDW, especially the Magic Kingdom, which I actually found mildly traumatic.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-232?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:37d7fedd-60c1-4230-a328-0f549d7c9fe2Post:640f7a6a-0057-46a1-9fd0-17a73985bec5">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE].  I also loved Alien Encounter, but I'm told it's not there anymore
    Posted by jenn.daniel[/QUOTE]

A few years ago they replaced it with this thing called "Stich's Great Escape", obviously for "Lilo and Stitch". I haven't been on it, but from what I've been told they kept the technology and the concept, but they made it more of a "kid friendly" thing ... they pretty much replaced the "scary" alien with Stitch and the people that are handling the alien are now characters from the Intergalactic Council. I'm too claustrophobic for it, though, so I can only go by what I've heard.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-232?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:37d7fedd-60c1-4230-a328-0f549d7c9fe2Post:d23250ae-1ff3-494c-ac48-0a97a12cad04">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WPBP of the day : A few years ago they replaced it with this thing called "Stich's Great Escape", obviously for "Lilo and Stitch". I haven't been on it, but from what I've been told they kept the technology and the concept, but they made it more of a "kid friendly" thing ... they pretty much replaced the "scary" alien with Stitch and the people that are handling the alien are now characters from the Intergalactic Council. I'm too claustrophobic for it, though, so I can only go by what I've heard.
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]
    I never did the old one, but Stitch is kind of a weird fit; the entire show building is clearly designed for something much scarier, and they changed as little as they could get away with.  They do try to play off Stitch as a terrifying monstrosity, but c'mon.  It's Stitch.

• Options
    Favorite disney movie:
    Alice in Wonderland original version but I would like to also mention Emperor's New Groove... Hillarious!
    Queen of Hearts
    Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and MGM Studios (and Hollywood Studios)

Your favorite ride (if you've never been to a disney park, which ride would you LIKE to go on) My favorite ride would have to be Soarin' and Expedition Everest

A food you must get whenever you go to a Disney Park: I really liked the Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-232?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:37d7fedd-60c1-4230-a328-0f549d7c9fe2Post:fd06cb82-d4bc-4ae6-9d36-075309d21ccc">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Favorite disney movie: Alice in Wonderland original version but I would like to also mention<strong> Emperor's New Groove</strong>... Hillarious! Who's your favorite disney villain? Queen of Hearts Have you ever been to a Disney theme park? Which ones? Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and MGM Studios (and Hollywood Studios) Your favorite ride (if you've never been to a disney park, which ride would you LIKE to go on) My favorite ride would have to be Soarin' and Expedition Everest A food you must get whenever you go to a Disney Park: I really liked the Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas
    Posted by superheroprincess[/QUOTE]

Ohmuhgosh Emporer's New Groove. I had a roommate in college who loved that movie as much as I did. We were constantly saying things like, "You threw off my groove!" and "Squeakum, squeaker, squeaky squeak." That movie is drop dead hilarious.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-232?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:37d7fedd-60c1-4230-a328-0f549d7c9fe2Post:b523f475-2ffd-44a0-bb74-d9582963d3cd">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WPBP of the day : I never did the old one, but Stitch is kind of a weird fit; the entire show building is clearly designed for something much scarier, and they changed as little as they could get away with.  They do try to play off Stitch as a terrifying monstrosity, but c'mon.  It's Stitch.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

I never did either version of it ... a few people warned me about the pressure that the shoulder harnesses applied on your neck, combine that with it being in a dark space, I figured it would be begging for some type of anxiety attack. I don't like not being able to see well <strong>and</strong>feeling like I can't move freely. I'm weird, I know.

But I know about the changes because my family seriously used to load up the car and drive down to WDW literally every summer from when I was 11 until I was 21. I can't say much for the other parks (There were years we didn't do all of them), but I consider myself quite knowledgeable when it comes to MK and Epcot, lol

• Options
    Meg, I never did Alien Encounter, but I did the Stitch thingy. I don't like it though...not because it is dark, or tight spaces, but because at one point Stitch is bouncing on you in the dark and he burps a chili dog in your face....the fake chili dog smell is DIS-GUST-ING!
    My Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards