Wedding Party
Options

flower-girl question

My fiance has 2 nieces and 1 nephew. We asked the nephew (2 years old) to be our ring bearer, but decided not to ask either of the nieces to be a flower-girl (one is just a year and the other is 2 months). My question is, can we still list the one year old as an "honorary flower-girl" since she is too little to walk down the aisle or be pulled in a cart? My fiance thought maybe she might be able to sit on the end of the aisle up front with her mom and throw flowers from there...  Anyway, if we can list her as such, should we also list the 2 month old out of "fairness"?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: flower-girl question

• Options
    A two-month-old has absolutely no concept of fairness.  Same with the one-year-old.  You don't need a flower girl, and anyone who isn't old enough to explain, in their own words, what their role in the wedding would be isn't old enough to have a role.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    There's no reason to list her as an honorary flower girl.  She's not a flower girl, so don't list her as one.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sounds good. We will just stick with our ring bearer as originally planned. Just thought I would ask because I know my fiance really wanted to include his niece so that we could include his other brother's child as well. Though it certainly makes sense that she will not comprehend her roll (even if it is just a silly title assigned to her) and is too young.

Thanks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    All three kids are too young to be in the wedding.  These are babies.  Babies don't know what a wedding is, don't care what a wedding is, and aren't jealous if they can't be a part of it.  Since none of these kids can walk down the aisle unassisted or tell you what their function is in the wedding, don't ask any of them.  

If the parents are getting bent out of shape about it, just tell them no.  Your wedding isn't a venue for them to show off their babies.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2010
    I'm with brooke.  I think they're all too young.  My rule of thumb is always that a member of the WP has to be able to get themselves down the aisle under their own power, and then use words to tell what their role in the wedding is. 

IMO, none of the kids are capable of that.  Obviously, it's just nms to have babies and toddlers in a WP.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards