Wedding Party
Options

No MOH

I'm looking for a little advice about my wedding party.  I have several friends, but none I am really close to.  The truth is my fiance is my best friend.  If he could be my honor attendant and groom, all my problems would be solved!  As is, I have only two people I can even think of for bridesmaids, and I'm not really close enough with either to consider them Maid of Honor material.  I thought about someone from his side of the family but he's already said there is noone he would especially want included.  I love my mom and we are close, but the idea of her as my Matron of Honor just does not fit for me.  I'm totally at a loss.  Do I have to have a  MOH?  Like I said, right now I'm struggling to come up with even 3 more bridesmaids to match his side of 5!

Re: No MOH

• Options
    Noe, you don't have to have a MOH.  And you don't need to have even sides.  Have the people you want up there and don't add people just because of symmetry.
  • Options
    Sides don't need to be even and a MOH is not required.  You can also have male bridal attendants if you wish.
  • Options
    Just have all BMs and no MOH.  Tell them that you love them all too much to choose between them so you won't be having one.  

Also, sides do NOT have to be even.  If he wants 5 and you have 3, then you have 5 and 3.  We had uneven sides, I assure you the wedding police didn't bust the place up and the marriage is still valid.  You won't be counting heads as you walk down the aisle or look at photos, you'll be looking at the PEOPLE who are there whom you love without regard for symmetry and be glad they were there.  That's a promise.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Not having an honor attendant on your side is just fine.  No one will even notice.  And just leave it at the two ladies you already have.  There's no need to ask three more ladies that you're not even close to.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_moh-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:3b515afc-5035-40f9-8eda-9eca9c2db135Post:f0457fad-e12e-4f58-9c04-a74529184fcd">No MOH</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking for a little advice about my wedding party.  I have several friends, but none I am really close to.  The truth is my fiance is my best friend.  If he could be my honor attendant and groom, all my problems would be solved!  As is, I have only two people I can even think of for bridesmaids, and I'm not really close enough with either <strong>to consider them Maid of Honor material</strong>.  I thought about someone from his side of the family but he's already said there is noone he would especially want included.  I love my mom and we are close, but the idea of her as my Matron of Honor just does not fit for me.  I'm totally at a loss.  Do I have to have a  MOH?  Like I said, right now I'm struggling to come up with even 3 more bridesmaids to match his side of 5!
    Posted by CynclaireW[/QUOTE]

WPs are not about symmetry or gender.  You pick your side, he picks his side.

If you pick 2 and he picks 5 and you're both happy with who will be standing next to you~perfect.  You're done.  And no, you don't have to have an honor attendant.

But I am curious about the phrase "MOH material",  What exactly IS MOH material?  What does that mean?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    You do need 2 attendants (typically your MOH and best man) to sign your marriage license though
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_moh-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:3b515afc-5035-40f9-8eda-9eca9c2db135Post:42dae6f3-c15e-44f7-8409-60a4a620ed8e">Re: No MOH</a>:
    [QUOTE]You do need 2 attendants (typically your MOH and best man) to sign your marriage license though
    Posted by pulga131[/QUOTE]
    No, you need two <strong>witnesses</strong>.  This is typically the MOH and BM, but anyone over 18 who witnessed the ceremony can sign it.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    I'm curious about the MOH material thing too :)
  • Options
    Your sides do not have to be even, as PPs said nobody will notice or care if they do notice. And it's definitely ok not to have a MOH and only bridesmaids. It's your day. My FI can't decide between his brothers and closest guy friends who is to be the BM so we are having 4 BM and no GMs. So it's the opposite problem, but just being asked to be in your WP is an honor, most people aren't going to care about the title you give them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards