Wedding Party
Options

Pregnant MOH

This sounds completely awful, but my MOH will be 7 months pregnant at my wedding, and I can't help but to be upset. Obviously i am not acting on these feelings, but i'm really upset about how she's going to look in all my pics.

am i a bad person?? :(

Re: Pregnant MOH

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_pregnant-moh-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:3e9e87a5-f5e5-47f9-8799-7b2091cbcf26Post:d1cb1147-7358-4dc6-99e0-b895278636bd">Pregnant MOH</a>:
    [QUOTE]This sounds completely awful, but my MOH will be 7 months pregnant at my wedding, and I can't help but to be upset. Obviously i am not acting on these feelings, but i'm really upset about how she's going to look in all my pics. am i a bad person?? :(
    Posted by mandykhan[/QUOTE]
    Yes.  Shame on you.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, that is very selfish and childish of you. Seriously, what do you think? People are going to look at you guys and go omg look at the pregnant woman! No, they're going to pay attn to the bride and groom.
    What a silly, silly thing to get upset over. If she is your MOH I would think you'd be happy for her.
  • Options

Sorry but I'm a very petite girl...I don't want a huge pregnant woman monopolizing my group shots!!

• Options
    You cannot be serious that you are upset that she will look pregnant in your photos.  One of my bm had given birth just before my wedding and the only thing I felt was joy for her, her husband, and her new son.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_pregnant-moh-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:3e9e87a5-f5e5-47f9-8799-7b2091cbcf26Post:cdee3b52-3575-4abb-8758-7bf0b9bb96df">Re: Pregnant MOH</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry but I'm a very petite girl...I don't want a huge pregnant woman monopolizing my group shots!!
    Posted by mandykhan[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Honey, it's not like you're the one that's going to be pregnant.  People will not be looking at your MOH, they will be looking at you.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I really hope that you are truly, deep down, happy for your friends because what you're saying doesn't sound like it.  It sounds like all you care about is your wedding and not that your friend is experiencing something wonderful in her own life.  

</div>
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_pregnant-moh-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:3e9e87a5-f5e5-47f9-8799-7b2091cbcf26Post:cdee3b52-3575-4abb-8758-7bf0b9bb96df">Re: Pregnant MOH</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry but I'm a very petite girl...I don't want a huge pregnant woman monopolizing my group shots!!
    I certainly hope you're not friends with any fat people.  Or tall people.  Or anyone with really big boobs. 
  • Options
    Yes, you're a bad person and also pathetic.  She'll look 7 months pregnant in the pictures - how else will she look.  Your concerns are ridiculous.
  • Options

<div>Yeah, there is no way someone would actually think this.  MUD</div>
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    Ae you serious? If this is true then I'm sorry but you don't even sound mature enough to get married.
    I'm a pretty little thing myself and I'd be ecstatic if my MOH was pregnant, she could take as much room as she needed.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_pregnant-moh-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:3e9e87a5-f5e5-47f9-8799-7b2091cbcf26Post:ba4f91a0-a04a-47c5-bd4e-d2178ec67522">Re: Pregnant MOH</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pregnant MOH : Yeah, there is no way someone would actually think this.  MUD
    Posted by blackfire5th[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I used to think this too but the more I hang out on this board I realize people are really self absorbed and really do think this.  I think they come on here and vent their crazy, irrational feelings to us because we're strangers and it doesn't matter if we judge them.  But really, they should take what we're saying to heart because we <em>don't</em> know them and will give them truly honest opinions.  *hint, hint, OP are you listening?*</div>
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_pregnant-moh-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:3e9e87a5-f5e5-47f9-8799-7b2091cbcf26Post:ba4f91a0-a04a-47c5-bd4e-d2178ec67522">Re: Pregnant MOH</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pregnant MOH : Yeah, there is no way someone would actually think this.  MUD
    Posted by blackfire5th[/QUOTE]
    Yeah.  Except my BFF was a MOH in her sister's wedding, and she got kicked out because she got pregnant, so I know first hand that stupid, selfish, childish, immature, idiotic people like this DO actually exist.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_pregnant-moh-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:3e9e87a5-f5e5-47f9-8799-7b2091cbcf26Post:5c580770-053b-431b-858c-ac9dad910879">Re: Pregnant MOH</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pregnant MOH : Yeah.  Except my BFF was a MOH in her sister's wedding, and she got kicked out because she got pregnant, so I know first hand that stupid, selfish, childish, immature, idiotic people like this DO actually exist.
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

<div>That's horrible!</div><div>
    </div><div>I know people can be that self-absorbed, but she does only have 5 posts.</div>
    bio
  • Options
    I can't imagine acting that way. Heck even if my BFF broke out in hives the day before the wedding I'd still want her up there (providing she wanted to be up there haha). As far as I'm concerned no one can ruin all your wedding pictures.
  • Options
    I call MUD.  If you're real, you're a terrible, shallow person.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    really??? what is wrong with you!!! So because you are a "small " girl, no one in your wedding party can be "bigger" than you!!!!! WTF!

You need to think before you speak/type, one of my BM will be 6 months pregnant and I am sooooo excited for her. You sound like a very self centered person

PAL/TTCAL welcome

me and mikeLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    [IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/14lrdpj.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/j65vnd.jpg[/IMG]

This is our rainbow baby! Lincoln born July 23 at 37w6d

Pictures

• Options

Are you really worried about her looking bad or your pictures looking bad or is it really about her stealing your limelight and the attention? She will NOT make your pictures look bad, but you might make your own pictures look bad if you cop an attitude the whole time. It's really not a big deal. Relax. It doesn't change the fact that you are getting married to the person you love.

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options
    Just kick her out of the wedding. You'll feel so much better if you do because you won't have to stress over your pictures anymore.
    Make sure you put the rest of the girls in your bridal party on birth control pills, asap. You don't want to have to boot out anyone else.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_pregnant-moh-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:3e9e87a5-f5e5-47f9-8799-7b2091cbcf26Post:1ba804f8-ef07-4b1e-88cd-99bec3a92876">Re: Pregnant MOH</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just kick her out of the wedding. You'll feel so much better if you do because you won't have to stress over your pictures anymore. Make sure you put the rest of the girls in your bridal party on birth control pills, asap. You don't want to have to boot out anyone else.
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>You wrote exactly what I was thinking.  </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Actually, we attended a wedding a couple years ago where 2 of the 6 bridesmaids looked to be in their third trimester.  Fi's mom is very good friends with the groom's mom so we heard all about how upset the bride was with the two offending BMs and that if they hadn't already put out money for their dresses she WOULD have asked them to step aside.  And knowing that, they still stood up for her which I guess made them the bigger person. Pun not intended, lol. 

</div>
  • Options
    Only someone very self-absorbed would think about her photos rather than the miracle of life that's growing in your friend.

You should be VERY ashamed of yourself.

And your MOH should sit on you on your wedding day.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_pregnant-moh-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:3e9e87a5-f5e5-47f9-8799-7b2091cbcf26Post:cdee3b52-3575-4abb-8758-7bf0b9bb96df">Re: Pregnant MOH</a>:

get over yourself. seriously.
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow.  I just looked at your other posts, and I'm afraid that you actually ARE serious.  Almost all of the few posts you've made are about appearance, so this would fall right into line.

The best thing your MOH could do would be to drop out now.  Not to appease you and your completely ridiculous sense of right and wrong.  But to end a "friendship" with someone so self-absorbed, mean-spirited, inappropriate, and screwed up.

People like you make me very, very sad.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Wow.  You are a beast. 

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
     I can imagine you aren't just like this about your photos, but act/think like this everyday.   I bet you don't have any friends who are overweight huh?  It would be embarrassing to been seen with them in public right?       
  • Options
    Make sure you express your disgust for this pregnancy in front of your MOH.  She has the right to know how you really feel about her and choose to end this friendship.
  • Options
    You're a peach
  • Options
    I stopped reading at "I am a petite girl" because seriously? Are you really this selfish and ridiculous? It doesn't matter if you're 100 pounds or 300, you should still be happy for your friend and stop being such a brat. Pictures are NOT more important than your friend, so stop acting like they are.

The last wedding I went to, the bride's MOH was pregnant. The MOH was also the bride's twin sister, and the bride couldn't have been happier. All she did was tell her guests how excited she was to become an aunt and made sure her sister was comfortable, since it was outside in May. THAT is how you should be acting, not like this.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_pregnant-moh-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:3e9e87a5-f5e5-47f9-8799-7b2091cbcf26Post:cdee3b52-3575-4abb-8758-7bf0b9bb96df">Re: Pregnant MOH</a>:

One of my BMs was 8 months pregnant with twins on my wedding day. I felt nothing but happiness for her and also relief that she was actually able to be part of the day and not on say, bedrest or something and unable to even come. She looked beautiful and I love her and I am glad that the last month before the arrival of her baby boys is captured in my wedding photos. (She just gave birth last week!)

OP, you should be incredibly ashamed of yourself. I am absolutely amazed you have any friends at all given your self-centered attitude and shallowness.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    Alright, OP, here's some advice for how to get some absolutely PERFECT photos of your speshul day:

Rather than risk yet ANOTHER friend stab you in the back by getting knocked up, I recommend you go to your gym and ask the 5 hottest guys and 5 prettiest girls to be your WP (as you know, you go to real hell and not just wedding hell if the sides are uneven).  That way you only have beautiful, petite BMs and GM.

Check out craigslist for a pair of cute kids to be FG and RB.

Rather than get married by the officiant of your religion (who, let's face it, might be old and ugly), find a sixth guy to get ordained online so that you are married by someone devastatingly attractive.

Have all potential guests send current head shots so you can pre-screen them, lest you have some unattractive relative in the photos.  And god forbid you should deal with an overweight one!

Following my tips, your photos will be perfect.  Your wedding and marriage?  Well, that's another story...
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    I wish I had the contact info for the rest of your BMs to tell them all to wear giant heels so that you'll look even tinier.

Seriously, WHO CARES? If you think that a stomach can upstage the girl in the white dress who's getting married then you don't have a BM problem, you have a self-esteem problem. Your wedding day is probably the only day of your life that you can be 99% sure that everyone is in fact looking at you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_pregnant-moh-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:3e9e87a5-f5e5-47f9-8799-7b2091cbcf26Post:fbe65af5-c9d4-4468-aebf-8e8199072d18">Re: Pregnant MOH</a>:
    [QUOTE]Following my tips, your photos will be perfect.  Your wedding and marriage?  Well, that's another story...
    Posted by bablingbrooke[/QUOTE]

BAHAHAHAHHAH!!!  I love it, Brooke.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards