Wedding Party

groomsmen gifts/ entertainment for them while th egirls are getting ready?

hi! does anyone have any suggestions on gifts for groomsmen that they can use while getting ready? my fiance is getting them gifts already, but i'd like to get them something personalized or something small they can enjoy/use/whatever while getting ready - or anything that can entertain them while getting ready or something. (i have no idea what they will be doing while all the girls are getting ready, but i'm trying to make this also count as a reason they should get ready in the groom's suite rather than showing up at any time and possibly being late.)

i've thought of personalized beer mugs, etc..but don't want to encourage drinking before the wedding :) haha. and their suits supposedly don't need cufflinks (they're already sewn at the cuffs or something.)

please help!

Re: groomsmen gifts/ entertainment for them while th egirls are getting ready?

• Set up an Xbox, provide food.

DH took the guys for a straight-razor shave while the girls were getting ready.  I have no idea if it filled the entire time, but everyone got where they needed to be on time, because they are all grownups.

I'd let your FI worry about the groomsmen gifts and what he's going to do for his friends.  Don't be that kind of wife.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • thanks. he's already getting them gifts (no idea what) but i wanted  to give them a little something also. they all just got back from deployment.
  • Hookers and blow.

• My DH and his friends drank while we were getting ready.  I'm pretty sure some of them got stoned too.  The groom showed up sober, and I didn't really care about anyone else.  

What do they normally do when they are together?  They can do that.  They are grown men and don't need to be entertained.
  • I have no idea what my husband and the groomsmen did before our wedding. They came over to our apartment while I was getting dressed at my parents' house across town.

My only ideas for you would be to have something for them to eat (maybe have a tray of sandwiches catered, or leave some candy or homemade cookies for them to nibble on), or get a DVD or video game you know they'd like. That's about as far as I would take it.

I don't think you need to worry about drinking. Only a total idiot would get hammered before having to be in a wedding. A couple of beers might very well help them all relax. Plus, I don't know many guys who'd really enjoy a personalized beer mug.

If they are your fiance's friends, I'd personally just stay out of it and let him entertain them himself. I think you have very good intentions, but I also think that this is the kind of thing where his buddies will start teasing him with the "whipped" joke if you take it too far, know what I mean?

Not that caring about him and his friends is him being whipped, but in my circle of guy friends anyway, guys start to tease a husband if his wife is "too into" things that are traditionally "guys' time." Hopefully I'm explaining myself properly here.
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    DH and his friends gamed while they were getting ready (Which is pretty much what they do whenever they get together for more than 20 minutes anyway, lol) and they had a blast, so I actually think Aerin's onto something with the "set up an XBox and food" thing. Just because it's not something they can unwrap and take home with them, doesn't mean it's not a gift.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards