Wedding Party
Options

help with amount of girls please

right now i have 5 girls in my party 1 MOH and 4 BM, i have one last girl that i am wanting to add but i would like here to be a maid of honor... right now my MOHr is my sister would it be ok to have my sister and my best friend growing up to both be MOH or should i make my BFF a BM? also i have a problem with numbers.... my FI has four people on his side... his 2 brothers whom he would like to be Best Men which would work out nice if i had two but than posibly only 2 GM.... will that look weird not having the same amount as i do?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
189 were invited image
66 are ready to rock!image
28 are party poopersimage
95 are lost trying to find the mailboximage
RSVP Date: January 15 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: help with amount of girls please

• Options
    Oh my god, please lurk. All of these questions are answered multiple times in other posts. But to save you the trip, no, none of these is a big deal, pretty much every possible combination you've mentioned is fine.
  • Options
    Read the FAQ at the top of the page.  If your questions still aren't answered, let us know.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    im sorry but to by honest the FAQ states nothing of having two MOH or uneven girls to guys ratio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    189 were invited image
    66 are ready to rock!image
    28 are party poopersimage
    95 are lost trying to find the mailboximage
    RSVP Date: January 15 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2010
    2 MOH and an uneven WP = the wedding police will bust your wedding up.  Or it will go off without a hitch and be totally fine.  Which one do you think is true?

And yes, this is discussed in the FAQ and on the top of the page ("Are uneven sides okay? (yes!)"

ETA: That was snarky, I apologize.  But uneven sides and 2 MOH are done all the time.  You've probably been to a wedding that had uneven sides and didn't even notice.  You'll be fine.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    You can have more than one MOH or no MOH, it's your preference.  Also, you don't have to have even sides.  You can have men stand up for you on your side and your FI can have women stand on his side if he chooses.  Asking people to be in your wedding is about honoring those closest to you...for this reason there are no rules.
  • Options
    MOH should be your closest friend(s). Having one or two is perfectly fine. Or none.

Yes, uneven sides are fine, no matter what the ratio is. You're asking your closest friends to stand and witness your wedding, not pairing people off for a square dance.

• Options
    There are no "rules" about WPs. 

WPs don't have to be symmetrical.  You choose your side, and he chooses his.  Stop thinking about numbers, and think about friends and family.

WPs aren't gender specific.  Again, you choose your side, and he chooses his. 

All of the "titles" are merely honorary, after all.  So you can call your attendants anything you want.  You can no MOH, 1 MOH, 2MOH, or all of them MOH.  (Of course, I think that making the all MOH is silly and dilutes the "honor" there, but oh well.)

I can promise you that 5 minutes after your ceremony, you're going to wonder why you spent so much time worrying about this.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards