Wedding Party
Options

Choosing Bridesmaids Drama

So I've known who my MOH was going to be since I was eight and since all my other girlfriends know how close we are and how long we've known each other, they aren't upset that she's my MOH. The problem I have is I only want three bridal attendents at max(my MOH and two bridesmaids) but I have a group of very close girlfriends and we always hang out together. There's one girl I know I want to ask because I've known her very well for a long time. I used to babysitter her and her brother, I'm close friends with the family, her, her brother, her dad, and her mom, and I even assisted with her parents' wedding. She knows I want to ask her, but I'm worried how our other friends will react. Some of them tend to react badly when they feel they're being excluded. It's not that I don't like them, it's that I know who I'm closest with and I don't want to ask them just because they want me to but at the same time, I don't want to hurt their feelings. There's about eight of us, but I only have two spots for bridesmaids(really only one.) My FH has two sisters but FH, FSILs, and I talked about it and decided they would be part of his side of the bridal party as his groomsmaids along with his BF as BM. How should I handle the ones I don't pick? How can I avoid hurting their feelings as much as possible? I don't want to hurt them, but I don't want to include them just because I feel guiltly. I've always felt that the bridal party is suppose to be made up of your closest friends and family. This is FH's and my day and I want it to be a celebration of the life we're about to start and not a tension-filled and unhappy hurt feelings. Is there some way I can involve them without them actually being in the wedding? Would that help? Because I do love them and they are my friends but I'm worried about this. I don't want to put this off too long and I don't want there to be any misunderstandings or false hopes. Help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards