Wedding Party
Options

The WaPo Advice Columnist is Having a Wedding Chat

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2010/06/04/DI2010060403694.html

I recommend people wanting to boot a BM for the sake of symmetry pay particular attention to this post:

Arlington, VA: I was recently asked to step down from a bridal party to make room for a family member that needed to be added. At the moment, I'm not too hurt--the bride and I haven't been that close for awhile--but I'm sure it will get harder as the event comes closer. My main concern at the moment is that two of my closest friends are still in the wedding party--any suggestions for dealing with feeling left out as the pre-wedding events start happening and at the actual wedding itself?

Carolyn Hax: Ugh. I see no reason to budge from your position of not caring too much. I realize you'll be left out of a thing or two on the actual weekend, things to which your close friends will go, but otherwise your ejection was a blessing in a breathtakingly rude disguise. Wash your hands of it and relish your freedom to wear a dress that fits. 

Courtesy of megk8oz
"I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.

Re: The WaPo Advice Columnist is Having a Wedding Chat

• Options

For Dumped Bridesmaid: SIL took me out of the wedding party after one of the groomsmen dropped out. The numbers wouldn't have been even... Counted my blessings the entire wedding day. Was thankful I didn't have to pay for (or wear) that extremely low-cut dress or contribute to the other money-sucking activities the bridesmaids participated in.

Toast your good fortune at the reception!

Carolyn Hax: Do people realize a year after their weddings, or 10 years, or 20, what idiots they've been about stuff like matching wedding party numbers? Seriously.

Carolyn Hax WIN. 

Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    I love Carolyn Hax.  I find her honest and hilarious!  Thanks for the fun read, brooke.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    Last bit:  A memoir from a wedding photographer about the true meaning of marriage.

Courtesy of megk8oz

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards