Wedding Party

Who to ask?

My date isnt close in any sense but something I have been struggling with is figuring out who I am going to ask to be my BM and MOH.  I do not have any childhood friends that I am close to due to family moving constantly.  I have one friend that I have known for about 12 years but I wouldnt say that I am close to her.  In college I dated someone the entire way through who was controlling and prevented me from making really close friends.  I was in a sorority but because of the person I was dating, I didnt really get close to any of my sisters.  I have one person in mind to be MOH but I posted before about her politely declining being MOH due to grad school and location.  I think I am going to ask her again along time from now because she has moved closer to me.  But I just dont know how to figure out who to ask. 

Re: Who to ask?

• I suggest that you wait a year before asking your bridal party.  I've seen one disaster after another on here because the decisions were made too soon
    GL
  • Wait until you get to within a year of your wedding, then ask the people who you couldn't imagine getting married without.  If those are men, ask them.  If it's no one, it's no one.  It's fine not to have attendants, even if your FI does.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards