Wedding Party
Options

Wedding party help!

So here's a little background: We are doing a destination wedding in key west, about 50 people and in my mind I only wanted to have 2 or 3 girls and 2 or 3 guys... I have my sister, sister in law and best friend as definites for me. So my fiance already asked 2 of his close friends and wants to ask another but didn't think about my brothers that we're pretty close with. So, that would total 4, maybe 5 guys.
So, I guess what I'm trying to figure out is how to incorporate my brothers in our wedding party without the wedding party looking uneven.

Any suggestions welcome!!
Thanks!!

Re: Wedding party help!

• Options
    ManwaithielManwaithiel member
    First Comment
    edited September 2010
    Uneven. Sides. Are. Fine.

Seriously, they are.

What matters more? People or numbers? Just think about that first.

If you get deadset against uneven sides, which I hope you don't, then I guess your brothers could be ushers. But if they would expect to be in the WP, then they might be hurt you didn't ask them.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks! You're totally right about uneven sides.

I  think I'm more concerned having a big wedding party for a small wedding more than anything, ya know?
  • Options

Personally, I have no problems with large wedding parties and small weddings. I realize some people "side eye" that, but if it means you get the people who matter most up there, then THAT'S what's important.

I think 5 people on his side would generally be fine even for a wedding of about 50.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Well...they are your brothers so if doesn't want to put them on his side he doesn't have to. I would ask them to each read something at the wedding. It isn't really a BS job and you're sides will stay as is.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Just include whoever you want, and don't worry about numbers or evenness or wedding size ratio. You will be a lot happier that way.
  • Options
    I'll ditto everyone else about not worrying about attendant/guest ratios. If you're afraid that having that many attendants standing with you while you're getting married will look strange, you could just have them sit down during the ceremony. But definitely go with the people that you want in the WP, and forget about people giving you the side-eye over having attendants that you want standing next to you.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Don't worry about the size. Those people would be your BP members if you had a wedding at home right?
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your input!

@Licia&Wayne - that's a great idea to have some sit!

@stina93446- Yes, if we did have wedding at home they would be.
  • Options
    We had 10 attendants and 40 total guests.  It turned out fine.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards