Wedding Party
Options

chelsea clinton's wedding is making MY day hell"????

Re: chelsea clinton's wedding is making MY day hell"????

• Options
    how did this make news?? what do you make of this article..I still have to finish reading it..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think this has been posted around because I feel like I've read it before. I'm not a fan of it. It seems like this bride is just trying to get 15 minutes of fame complaining about a huge wedding being on the same day around the same place her wedding is. While I understand why it would be one of those,"WTF! What am I (and my guests) going to do!?" since surely traffic will be effed up that day and it will be a huge inconvenience for everyone, I don't think it's worth going to the media.

If it wasn't happening to her, it would be happening to some other woman. This is not cataclysmic and I hate all the attention this girl is getting for complaining.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I feel bad for her.  Imagine trying to plan your wedding without knowing whether or not the roads between your wedding and your reception are going to be closed, and because they would be closed for the former POTUS's daughter's wedding, the police refuse to give you any information about even which roads might be closed so you can come up with a plan B for getting your guests to the reception.  Not knowing whether the guests will have a 10 minute drive to the reception, an hour and a half drive on a route that you can't even determine ahead of time because they won't tell you what will be closed and what won't, or whether they simply won't be able to get from the wedding to the reception, period.

I don't blame her at all for being stressed.  And she's not the one who went to the media, the media came to her.  It's possible that she might be able to grease the wheels of information by putting national attention on the local police.  I hope it all works out for her, and for Chelsea as well, if that's where the wedding does take place.

• Options
    I just read the article and unfortunately I can't get those 30 seconds back :(
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_chelsea-clintons-wedding-making-day-hell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:6b8d5769-e0e0-4bca-858b-7117dd4b8d5cPost:279c1ca6-14ad-4961-8271-b8c84b59f066">Re: chelsea clinton's wedding is making MY day hell"????</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel bad for her.  Imagine trying to plan your wedding without knowing whether or not the roads between your wedding and your reception are going to be closed, and because they would be closed for the former POTUS's daughter's wedding, the police refuse to give you any information about even which roads might be closed so you can come up with a plan B for getting your guests to the reception.  Not knowing whether the guests will have a 10 minute drive to the reception, an hour and a half drive on a route that you can't even determine ahead of time because they won't tell you what will be closed and what won't, or whether they simply won't be able to get from the wedding to the reception, period. I don't blame her at all for being stressed.  And she's not the one who went to the media, the media came to her.  It's possible that she might be able to grease the wheels of information by putting national attention on the local police.  I hope it all works out for her, and for Chelsea as well, if that's where the wedding does take place.
    Posted by Viczaesar[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I get it. It's a pain in that lady's butt. And she is talking to the media. She could have just as easily said, "Thanks, but no thanks. I don't really want to participate in this story."

Like I said, I understand being frustrated about not knowing what traffic and road closures would be that day, but what I don't understand is the constant complaint. I have seen this story on no less than 3 news sites. So because FOX, MSNBC, etc. picked up on it the police will tell this girl which roads are going to be closed? Yeah, I'm sure they care so much about her wedding and guests they will compromise the security of various officials so she'll know where her guests will be able to drive.

I dunno, I'm probably just cynical. It's not that I don't have sympathy for the girl, but I really don't understand why such a big deal is being made about it. Chelsea Clinton was going to get married sooner or later where she chose to be married. If it wasn't happening to this girl, it would happen to someone else. I still maintain this is not the worst thing that could happen on someone's wedding day, so I don't understand why it's getting all of this attention.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_chelsea-clintons-wedding-making-day-hell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:6b8d5769-e0e0-4bca-858b-7117dd4b8d5cPost:279c1ca6-14ad-4961-8271-b8c84b59f066">Re: chelsea clinton's wedding is making MY day hell"????</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel bad for her.  Imagine trying to plan your wedding without knowing whether or not the roads between your wedding and your reception are going to be closed, and because they would be closed for the former<strong> POTUS</strong>'s daughter's wedding, the police refuse to give you any information about even which roads might be closed so you can come up with a plan B for getting your guests to the reception.  Not knowing whether the guests will have a 10 minute drive to the reception, an hour and a half drive on a route that you can't even determine ahead of time because they won't tell you what will be closed and what won't, or whether they simply won't be able to get from the wedding to the reception, period. I don't blame her at all for being stressed.  And she's not the one who went to the media, the media came to her.  It's possible that she might be able to grease the wheels of information by putting national attention on the local police.  I hope it all works out for her, and for Chelsea as well, if that's where the wedding does take place.
    Posted by Viczaesar[/QUOTE]

The bolded part made me laugh.

And, I feel bad for the girl.  Do I think she should be AWing all over the news?  No.  But, Chelsea's wedding is a circus and I'm pretty sure if she swooped in with all her media, secret service, and pain in the buttness, I'd be annoyed.  Not sure I'd be discussing it with the media, but I'd be annoyed.
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_chelsea-clintons-wedding-making-day-hell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:6b8d5769-e0e0-4bca-858b-7117dd4b8d5cPost:fcde0f4b-489e-48a9-8093-d845f1b5971b">Re: chelsea clinton's wedding is making MY day hell"????</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: chelsea clinton's wedding is making MY day hell"???? : The bolded part made me laugh. And, I feel bad for the girl.  Do I think she should be AWing all over the news?  No.  But, Chelsea's wedding is a circus and I'm pretty sure if she swooped in with all her media, secret service, and pain in the buttness, I'd be annoyed.  Not sure I'd be discussing it with the media, but I'd be annoyed.
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

Joy - I usually love what you post but...

POTUS = President of the Untied States. 

Also, Chelsea is one of the most private first children we've had who has quietly been able to lead her life until now.  She's not bringing any media along, they're inviting themselves - it's not her fault that she has parents in the spotlight.  Also, consider that her father and mother still have secret service protection as do both Frm. President Bushes who are likely guests and President Obama who, if he is not there, Michelle will be.  The secret service does not discuss the security of its protectees so the bride shouldn't be getting any information.  Also, Chelsea cannot dismiss them for the day and tell them to come back after her wedding.

I also don't see how her wedding is a circus.  It's probably no different than Ivanka Trump's only with an A+ guest list.

I'm sorry that it's stressing her out but complaining to the media isn't going to help her.  She should just warn her guests.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    10:1 Chelsea doesn't even get married in NY, and this whole dramafest is for naught.

I bet if she waits until her wedding day, the police will be able to advise her of road closures.  Of course they're not going to now, since it would confirm details of the wedding that the Clintons probably don't want released. 

I'd just advise my guests to check the road information before they leave, and I'd build in a couple extra hours of cushion into my day.  Annoyance?  Yes.  Reason to flip her shiit?  No. 
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Somebody who is familiar with the small town in NY posted a couple days ago that it basically only has one road in and out of town, not counting gravel-type backroads, so getting to and fro can definitely be a nightmare for people who aren't Clinton wedding guests and therefore not a concern of the Secret Service.
  • Options
    Well, that makes a little more sense, Ziti. 
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Well, at least now all of her guests know.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_chelsea-clintons-wedding-making-day-hell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:6b8d5769-e0e0-4bca-858b-7117dd4b8d5cPost:b3cbf205-cd34-4a26-93d0-2e1b14fe14c2">Re: chelsea clinton's wedding is making MY day hell"????</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: chelsea clinton's wedding is making MY day hell"???? : Joy - I usually love what you post but... POTUS = President of the Untied States.  Also, Chelsea is one of the most private first children we've had who has quietly been able to lead her life until now.  She's not bringing any media along, they're inviting themselves - it's not her fault that she has parents in the spotlight.  Also, consider that her father and mother still have secret service protection as do both Frm. President Bushes who are likely guests and President Obama who, if he is not there, Michelle will be.  The secret service does not discuss the security of its protectees so the bride shouldn't be getting any information.  Also, Chelsea cannot dismiss them for the day and tell them to come back after her wedding. I also don't see how her wedding is a circus.  It's probably no different than Ivanka Trump's only with an A+ guest list. I'm sorry that it's stressing her out but complaining to the media isn't going to help her.  She should just warn her guests.
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]

Hehe - that's why it made me laugh.  I figured out it what it meant and thought it was cute.

I hear you that she lives privately and doesn't cause too much disruption otherwise, but her parents are high profile and will bring all sorts of people, media, police presence with them to a wedding.  There's nothing that can be done - it is the nature of the beast.  But, it is disruptive and annoying for those not involved.  Especially since it is a little town and getting around will be difficult.

But, seriously, she shouldn't be whining about it on the news. That I can definitely agree with. 
  • Options
    Don't they have to tell people in the town if there are going to be any road closures? I mean, what if there is an emergency and someone has to leave town? "Sorry, you can't go to your grandmother's deathbed, it's Chelsea Clinton's wedding today."
    They don't have to tell in advance, though, but it's not as though they can completely not allow people to get in and out of town. I understand this lady is concerned, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards