Wedding Party
Options

Wedding Dress

So I am real simple person and want to know if after all the big events like cake cutting and bouquet toss if it would be ok to change out of my wedding dress? I just want to be comfortable and party with all of our family and friends
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Wedding Dress

• Options
    It's fine if you want to do that, but I would hope that you pick a wedding dress that is YOU in the first place. Meaning, get one that's already comfortable.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    Totally fine, but you might find your dress is really comfortable (or at least you'd want to seek one out that is).  Mine was so comfy I wish I could wear it every day!
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    I LOVE my wedding dress but I also know how hot natured I am and I know a wedding dress can be. I just want to make sure Im not all hot and sweaty all nite
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    Yes.  I thought I'd want a sundress or cocktail dress for the reception initially, but after realizing the cost of a wedding dress decided not to.  I ended up with a comfy dress that stayed comfy until toward the end of the reception.

You could always look for a more comfortable or casual dress.  There are knee length wedding dresses, or a white sundress, maxi dress or cocktail dress could fit the bill.
  • Options
    Ditto what gotta said. The price determined that I wasn't taking it off until bed.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    I didn't even spend that much in wedding dress world.  Holding up 3 layers of dress was hurting my back while we were gathering stuff after the reception, but once I changed into flip flops after the reception, I got a second wind and went to the bar in the dress.  We just left after my back started hurting again but were at the bar for a good 2-3 hours.
  • Options
    I didn't spend a crazy amount, like $5K. I was pretty good about not going CRAZY!
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    Oh, I just meant that it's surprising how much dresses cost.  It makes you think twice about getting a reception dress!
  • Options
    Ditto. I can't believe the girls that spend 7K on a dress and on top of that, get a reception dress. 
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    Wow, mine was only $500...

One more thought: If your wedding guests are anything like ours (and they may be) you won't get to walk three feet without someone stopping you to chat, wanting to dance, or take photos.  It might be really hard to disappear for 20 minutes or so (or however long it takes to change out of your dress and into something else).  
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    I didn't want to take my dress off, lol. I really looked at it like "I spent x amount of time and money to look this good, like hell I'm taking it apart before the night's over".

I'm not sure how formal your wedding is, but somebody recently mentioned a website called thecottonbride.com for destination weddings ... the gowns are all cotton, so they breathe and the styles seem pretty diverse.

I would say try to find a dress you're going to be comfortable in all night. Not even because it would be weird to change ... just because why take time away to get changed? Why not just be comfortable from the very start? Good luck!

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Mine was $5-600.

I had a roommate who coudln't believe I'd never heard of getting more than one wedding dress.  In her world, everyone got 3 wedding dresses, even if they were couture dresses by high end designers - a ceremony dress, a reception dress and third in case something happened to one of the others.  Um, if something happened to one of the others, why not just wear either the ceremony or reception dress for the entire thing?

Ditto brooke.  It was hard to even walk from table to table without getting stopped to take pictures.  I felt like I was having to dodge my own close friends and family who were looking to take pictures so that I could make it around to everyone.  I was kind of surprised by that since neither my immediate family or DH and I have ever tried to stop the bride and groom to take a picture with them at a wedding but apparently it is the thing to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards