Wedding Party

Bridal Party newsletter

Did you guys do one? And if so, how did you do it and what did you include?

I'm really interested in doing one but I'm not sure if it's a silly idea.

Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Party newsletter

• Ummmm...what is that?  And why would you want to send your BP a newsletter?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridal-party-newsletter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:6d33676a-4fcf-4e3c-9a37-2166401388f8Post:89c90486-1a12-43c7-948e-3f3bbb9d4147">Bridal Party newsletter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you guys do one? And if so, how did you do it and what did you include? I'm really interested in doing one but I'm not sure if it's a silly idea. Thanks!!
    Posted by Lizburke313[/QUOTE]

What are you planning to include in your newsletter?
  • I would think my bride friend had lost her mind if she sent me a BP newsletter.
  • A newsletter?  You mean like what I get in Christmas cards from extended family that I only hear from at Christmas?  Um... no, I'm not doing one because I talk to those people.
  • What in the world is a "Bridal Pary Newsletter"?

• Never heard of that... Explain?
  • Um.  I sent an email to all of my bridesmaids to introduce them to each other and tell them that their attire was a little black cocktail dress of their own choosing, to be purchased anywhere from Barney's to Goodwill, or taken out of their closet.

Does that count as a newsletter?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridal-party-newsletter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:6d33676a-4fcf-4e3c-9a37-2166401388f8Post:b5e8f50c-a1cc-4311-9854-ab285352daf5">Re: Bridal Party newsletter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Um.  I sent an email to all of my bridesmaids to introduce them to each other and tell them that their attire was a little black cocktail dress of their own choosing, to be purchased anywhere from Barney's to Goodwill, or taken out of their closet. Does that count as a newsletter?
    Posted by pkontk[/QUOTE]

Yes! This must be it!
  • don't do this.  communicate to your BP as you need to give them information.  You're not going to have enough stuff to tell them about to do this with any regularity....

I DID think about doing a packet of info for the wedding itself, with addresses, times, other BP members phone numbers in case they needed to get a hold of each other.  But I failed at executing that in time - and everything still went fine...
  • Oh! A bridal party newsletter.. That would be a great place for a classifieds section, you know, so you can post the position of MOH, list her duties, and interview to figure out who will be the best candidate. GO FOR IT!

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• That sounds like the silliest thing ever.
  • edited March 2012
    http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/bridal-party/articles/why-you-need-a-wedding-newsletter.aspx

The knot writes all about it here.

And you guy's comments were really harsh... it was a simple question... from one bride to another... I thought that was the point of these boards, to help each other out. Not rip each other's ideas apart.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    RetreadBride, I just saw your original comment. So my apologies, you were not rude. But many of the other posters were very hurtful.

I'm only planning on sending out one newsletter so why would they get bored?

This isn't all about me... I was actually trying to make this newsletter for and about them. It was just going to be some info for them and thanking them for everything and being apart of the big day.

I have a few bridesmaids from out of town so I can't bring them all together and talk to them so I thought this would be an opportunity for them to meet the others and get emails if needed.

Oh, and I didn't ask for opinions about whether I should do it or not. I asked if others had done it and what they put in them...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards