Wedding Party
Options

Halloween

Ok, so what is everyone dressing up as for Halloween this year?

What are you doing for Halloween?

If you have kids, what are they dressing up as?

Re: Halloween

• Options
    We're working on our costumes still...but here's some early photos.....we're in the "production" stages.

If you can't already tell, he is going to be Wall-e and I am Eve!
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    This is the first year in a while that I won't be dressing up, and I'm thrilled because I hate dressing up.  H will be getting deployed at some point around Halloween, so we don't even know if he will be here for it.  Before we moved we had a Halloween party we went to every year where costumes were mandatory, so I'm looking forward to just passing out candy to the neighborhood kids, and enjoying myself a frozen pizza and a magnum of wine.  

I do like to dress the dog up though, since we have no kids.  Our Boston doesn't let us dress him up though, but my parents dog has worn a costume every year.  I'll miss dressing her up this year :( 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Stina, I love the costumes!  I wish I was creative enough to do stuff like that.  I usually just end up buying a costume. 

dnbeach, where is your H getting deployed?  How long will he be gone? 

I just ordered my costume today.  It's a witch costume and the skirt lights up or something like that.

We are going to be out of town at a wedding Halloween weekend so H and I are having a Halloween party the weekend before.

I am really looking forward to handing out candy to trick or treaters on Halloween (we will be back in town by that time.)  Last year was our first year in our new house, and since Saturday was Halloween, we went to a party so we missed the trick or treaters.
  • Options

H is in the Navy so he is will be on a ship in the West Pacific.  We never really get to know where they are or where they will be until right before they get there.  He will be gone for about 5 months probably.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I lived in the country all through my adolescence. No one ever came to my house so we never handed out candy. I was SO excited that we live in the city last year to hand it out, but kids here don't go door to door.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    Stina, me too!  I lived in the country until I was 20.  Now I always get really excited about handing out cand to trick or treaters.  I don't know how many we will get in our neighborhood since we weren't home for Halloween last year.  I hope we at least get a few!

• Options
    Stina, what is this world coming to when kids don't know how to trick or treat?  Crazy.
  • Options
    I don't know if we're doing anything this year.  Probably nothing on Halloween proper since it's a Sunday night, but we might try to find a party or something.  I did Mickey's Halloween Treat for four years, but we didn't go last year and probably won't go this year.  We did group costumes a couple of times, and they were pretty epic, especially the last one, when we had six people dressed as various Peter Pan characters.

I was pretty inspired by the Greyscale Santa on Cracked, so if I do end up doing something this year, it will probably be along those lines.  I probably need to get cracking pretty soon if I'm going to be putting together a costume, though.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    [QUOTE]I lived in the country all through my adolescence. No one ever came to my house so we never handed out candy. I was SO excited that we live in the city last year to hand it out, but kids here don't go door to door.
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]
    I have one childhood memory of a trick or treater, which was just the family friend who made our wedding cake stopping by with her kids.  We had trick or treating in our dorms a little bit freshman year, but I was really excited for trick or treaters when I lived off campus my senior year of college.

I was around the corner from an apartment building with a ton of kids who always were playing at the intersection of our street and theirs.  Yeah, so local kids destroyed our pumpkins but we only had one trick or treater for UNICEF, and that was the week before Halloween.  I was so sad.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_halloween?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:6d90b169-1acb-4865-ac2a-70e9861d08a3Post:aa4ee4d2-3675-4f5e-b65c-c27a953c2b3b">Re: Halloween</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Halloween : OMG, last year I was SO disappointed with the kids in our hood. I put the candy dish IN THE WINDOW so they would come up to the door. I live across the street from a park and they had a pumpkin painting party there. There were plenty of kids there. NONE of them knocked on the door. I finally had to sit ON THE STOOP and get this....they still walked by.  I finally had to ask them "Hey would you like some candy?" Jesus Christ, when I was a kid, we knew how to Trick or treat!
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]

Stina, it's like we live in the same neighborhood. We literally live 2 doors down from the town's haunted house, so I figured we would be inundated with trick or treaters who were going to the haunted house and then going trick or treating. Boy was I wrong. We had 3 groups of kids come by all night long (and we were sitting on the stoop in the cold surrounded by lights, hanging bats & cobwebs and carved pumpkins) and they STILL asked us, "What are you guys doing out here? Are you handing out candy?"

No kids. I just feel like sitting out in the cold with these huge bowls of candy that I'm not sharing. We finally gave up when the third group came by and just filled up their bags and went inside.

Lesson learned: We're going on our honeymoon during Halloween because the kids in our neighborhood are lame.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a sort of funny story to share...

My FI is not really into Halloween...he won't dress up, he doesn't like doing that sort of stuff (although I'm hoping he'll dress up for our friends' party...) so this didn't surprise me in the least...

Several years ago, FI's mom asked him to hand out candy. He apparently wasn't really feeling it, so when his cousin stopped by to trick-or-treat, he decided to dump the ENTIRE bowl of candy into his cousin's bag. When he went back into the house, his mom asked where the candy was and he told her he'd put it all in his cousin's bag...she wasn't too pleased...he still talks about it now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards