Wedding Party
Options

WP Tuesday!

How is everyone?  Any questions from the new ladies or updates from the regs?

Chiquitabanana update:  went to the OB yesterday and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat again!

And in the next few weeks I need to get checked to see if I am at risk for gestational diabetes.  Fingers crossed that all goes well!

Re: WP Tuesday!

• Options
    Not too much going on...We booked out cabin for the honeymoon this week! Excited about that. The newest dog decided to eat the arm of the couch. NOT excited about that. :-)
  • Options
    Hey all! 

I went dress shopping today for the first time!  I think I have it narrowed down to two, but I go back and forth between being 100% sure and wanting to start completely over from scratch. 

And I second MilkDuds question.  I was going to ask that, too. 
  • Options
    I got a quote from Gameworks for DH's birthday party today!  It's pretty reasonable, I'm excited.  It's going to be really tough keeping this a secret until July.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Aerin, I planned a surprise bday party for FI in June, and it was hard enough keeping it a secret for 2-3 weeks.  I don't think I could handle a whole year.  I'm actually kind of concerned about keeping my dress hidden--I just love to tell him stuff (whether he wants to hear it or not!) :-)
  • Options
    We're going to be surprised!
  • Options
    When I first started wedding planning, I bought a bunch of bridal magazines and felt lost. Now I don't need those silly magazines, not that I've discovered these boards and the wealth on information and great advice from everyone on here! I feel a lot more at ease :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, it's going to be torture.  But now that I've figured out where it's going to be, there won't be much active planning for a while so hopefully it won't be as bad to hold it in.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Banana, I would want to be surprised too, how exciting!  So I'm pumped because I put our deposit down on the photographer today (they're amazing), and we've got all the big stuff booked except the limo.  To be honest, I'd rather have another option besides a limo.  FI is the one who really wants one.  How about you guys?  Did/will you have one?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI said no to school bus, boo!  I think it be kind of funny though because we're both educators!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CrazyMary, I'm so glad you find the boards helpful!

AC, originally DH wanted to rent a luxury car that we would drive or see if our GM would be the DD (the GM cannot drink so we knew he could).  Ultimately we concluded that the limo was really the best way to go for everyone.
  • Options
    That's so exciting you're going to be surprised!  When we have kids, FI wants to be surprised, but I'm not so sure.  When are you due?  (Sorry, I'm sure you've mentioned it a thousand times.)

We're not doing any kind of limo/bus because our ceremony and reception are at the same place, so I'm sorry, I'm not much help there.  I think the girls will probably ride together in someone's car, and the boys will do the same. 
  • Options
    We got a double-decker open top bus for photos.  It was a total splurge, but totally awesome.

• Options
    We moved a little over a week ago and dont have great internet access yet.  But DH found out yesterday that he got a TAship for this year.  And I have a potential job lead.  Hopefully everything will come together soon.

I'm also getting annoyed by claims that "weddings are expensive" means "guests should be willing to open their wallets."  I should probably just stop reading the budget board again.
  • Options
    There was a ton of that a while back and I had to stop reading.  I thought it had gone away but apparently not.

Obviously weddings are usually expensive.  The excuse is usually "oh well they shouldn't be so stuck up, if they're real friends they'll understand weddings are expensive."

I'm accustomed to kegs/canned beer and boxed wine.  Those things are not particularly budget breaking.  Our open bar of bottled beer, local wines and a few liquors cost the equivalent of a fast food meal per person of age.
  • Options
    I really hate the "if they're friends then they'll understand".  That's akin to say, "If you love me then you'll know why I just did (insert abusive thing here)."  It's such a loaded statement that really irks me.

To answer PPs question, I'm due December 4th!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards