Wedding Party
Options

What to do with rings?

We are not having a ring bearer, so I was wondering how those of you without one handled the wedding rings. Would it be OK for my FI to keep my ring and for my MOH to keep his? I guess I was just wondering about the MOH having a ring since she won't have pockets. Could my FI keep both of ours?

This might sound bad, but I am a little concerned about the best man having both. He is a great guy and I love him, but is not always the most reliable with things such as these.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation

Re: What to do with rings?

• Options
    bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    The best man traditionally holds on to them if you have no RB, then hands them to the groom at the appropriate time.  Some people have the MOH and best man hold the respective rings (she holds his for you to give to him, he holds yours for you to give to him); however, in my experience, there's usually no way for the MOH to hold the ring easily except to keep it in her hand.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Last wedding I went to MOH and BM held them. Both had pockets but both were so paranoid about losing them they wore them on their pinky/thumb and held their hands super tightly in a fist.
  • Options
    BM had my ring on his pinky finger.  MOH had DH's ring on her thumb.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    At my sister's wedding, the RB wasn't even allowed to have the rings (church policy.)  I (as MOH) and the BM held them.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Our BM held the rings, and the RB had fake rings on his pillow.  We weren't trusting a 3 year old with the real ones.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We're having a rb, but like pp said I wouldn't trust the real ones on the pillow.  I'm thinking my MOH will have his (probably wear it on her thumb) & the BM will have mine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think right before the ceremony DH gave our rings to the BM.  He held onto them long enough to make the walk into the the church and then through the ceremony until it was time to bless them.
  • Options
    We had the real rings on the pillow - that is the way H wanted it. Usually the BM or MOH holds onto them until it is time to put them on. But I think it would be fine if your FH held them until it was close to the ceremony and then handed them to the BM.
  • Options

We had a RB ... but our Best Man held the actual rings (Yeah, I wasn't trusting a kid with the real rings) during the ceremony. DH kept them himself until it was time for the guys to enter the ceremony, then he gave them to the Best Man. The Best Man only had the rings on his person for maybe 15 minutes total.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    I've never been to a wedding where the RB held the actual rings on his pillow. Usually, the MOH holds his ring and the BM holds her ring. Just give the BM the ring right before he walks out so there's no chance of him setting it down anywhere or losing it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The best man had the rings at our wedding.  If he's not terribly trustworthy, I agree that you can either hand him the rings right before he goes down the aisle, or have the officiant hang onto them.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards