Wedding Party
Options

Gift Ideas! HELP

So, I have wrecked my brain trying to figure our what gifts to get our wedding party.  I don't want to "copy" anyone and I want to be somewhat original.  Any suggestions??  We are looking to spend between $25-$50 per gift.  Thank you so much in advance for your suggestions! 

Re: Gift Ideas! HELP

• Options
    Read the FAQs or scroll down the page where this *exact* question has already been asked at least five times in the past few days.  To save you a trip: Avoid "wedding-y" gifts and shop as if it was their birthdays or Christmas.  I can't tell you what would be fun for them because I don't know them, and I'd abandon the notion of being "original" since it's not original if someone else already did it or gave you the idea.  

Focus on gifts the recipients will enjoy and use after the wedding, just like you would on any other gift-giving occasion.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Shop like it's their birthday or christmas.

My gifts in bio.

If you would like some ideas, tell us what each member is interested in.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    I presume you know your friends better than strangers on the internet do so shop like you would at their birthday or a holiday - taking their interests and personalities into consideration.

When in doubt, a gift card to their favorite store would probably be appreciated.

And please - no monogrammed "Bridesmaid!" items. Waste of money.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    Well, I gave my girls leatherbound editions of Grimm's Fairy Tales, but since I already did it, it wouldn't be original if you did.

Shop for the girl, not for her title.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards